Thread: Speedometer/Tachometer Socket

Default Speedometer/Tachometer Socket

Just an interesting note. I have a 1978 GS750E. Whoever owned it before me thought it was a good idea to cut all of the lighting wires to the instrument panel and clump them in a ball of electrical tape. I looked online and could find almost nowhere to replace the socket (I'd call it a wiring harness). BUT, I finally located a place in the UK, called Robinsons Foundry, that had 3 of them! Not that expensive, even when shipped to the US. I received what appeared to be a brand new socket in the original Suzuki packaging from 1978! It was amazing! Here's a pic after I've labelled the wiring. Can't wait to get it installed and see those lights on the instrument panel working!
    Socket.jpg

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

WOW! Fantastic! 43 years It's been waiting for you ...Good sleuthing skills, there, KimQuon' -gotta love the Internet!

rphillips is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Great find, congrats!!
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Update: Light bulbs came in today. First I found them online for $2.95 each plus shipping. Kept looking and found $0.99 each plus shipping. Finally found them for $0.66 each plus shipping. It made a difference because you need 9 of them. Anyway...amazingly...I installed all of the bulbs and EVERYTHING works.

Ha ha! Gotta love it, right?