Less Toxic and Offensive Test Fluid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    At a $1000 a gallon, it better be flammable, and make my bike run a 6 second 1/4 mile ! ! ! Have to wonder what it's intended use is.
    Um... it's in the title of the thread...?

I'd love to find something I can use to set float levels without poisoning myself or making my hands stink like gasoline for three days. Carbsyn appears to be just the ticket, but it turns out the ticket is waaaaaaaaaay too expensive.

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    "and prone to form explosive peroxides in contact with air"

"
    The International Agency for Research on Cancer classifies TFE as probably carcinogenic to humans based on animal studies"

EGAD!
    Yeah, I have no idea what Carbsyn is made of or what magic they perform to produce something that won't explode or kill humans, but has a similar specific gravity so that floats float properly (assuming it doesn't melt plastic floats or something).

The explody-killy part is exactly WHY I don't want to use plain old unleaded; that stuff is Bad News for you mind and body, worse than most people realize, especially if you marinate in it for hours as you would while setting carb float levels and getting a set of carbs dialed in.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      (...)
      I'd love to find something I can use to set float levels without poisoning myself or making my hands stink like gasoline for three days. Carbsyn appears to be just the ticket, but it turns out the ticket is waaaaaaaaaay too expensive.
      (....)
      Methinks until you get that magic fluid, using double-layered nitrile gloves (like the ones Edd China uses) should do the trick. As for respiration, modern masks as used by painters maybe...?
      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Working...
      X