No announcement yet.

2021 double nickle tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take along a heavy flannel shirt to handle the heat.

Sounds a bit ironic, but if you wet the shirt, squeeze out the excess, then put a windbreaker over it, it will cool you for 60-90 minutes at a time. Don't do this if the temperature is less than 95, you will get very cold.

Doing that trip in three weeks is a bit ambitious. You will have to maintain your pace carefully. Much easier, since you are the only one in your "group", but you need to keep moving. Most of the time, at least. About every 3 or 4 days, plan on a slower day with more sightseeing and touristy 'stuff' as a break.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Helloooo. Going on day five, any ride reports? Where are you and where are you heading next? Hope everything is going well. 👍
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Greetings all
        great trip so far. Rode skyline drive, BRP and met up with Doug. Had wind, fog and rain, still a great experience. Spent the night with Doug and Donna(thanks again) we went our separate way in the morning. I rode to Georgia and spent Memorial Day with my buddy and his wife. Rode west through Alabama, Mississippi into Arkansas where I ran into heavy rain. Stopped in Hazen, just short of Little Rock. Waiting on rain currently. Going to jump on I40 west, not my first choice but more services available.
        follow me on FB, easier for me to post there. Andrew Barr
        1986 GS1150ES "JUNO QUICK”
        1984 GS1100GK
        1982 GS1100E “RANGER”
        1978 GS750E-"JUNO RIOT" on the road in 2013
        1980 GS550GL complete, original, 4900 miles

Comment

No use for fecesbook. Post some pics here for members who don't love social media but who like ride reports.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            No use for fecesbook. Post some pics here for members who don't love social media but who like ride reports.
            And for those who may be on that site but not a friend of yours
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Been following on FB. It was a joy to ride with you and GSScott after so long.
              Door is always open for you. Anyone else wants to hook up down here and/or need a tent spot, let us know.
              Be safe and enjoy your awesome adventure.
              Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
              2000 Kawasaki Concours
              Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I don't know why we aren't friends on FB, but hopefully can get that resolved. Hope the ride is going awesome Andy.
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                X