No announcement yet.

Getting a second bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian, why are you trying to buy yet another project bike when yours has continued to keep you plenty busy? It would seem you'd be better off with a reliable daily instead of something else you will need to cobble together.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      Ian, why are you trying to buy yet another project bike when yours has continued to keep you plenty busy? It would seem you'd be better off with a reliable daily instead of something else you will need to cobble together.
      ...he mentioned that he's likely going to pass up on it.
      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
        ...he mentioned that he's likely going to pass up on it.
        Oh, missed that. Good!
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          Thought maybe I was done but nope, I always say I'm not getting something else until this one is done and I'll always stick to it.

Lol the thing will start up and ride it's just crap low speed rpms and has some sort of issue with the revs staying up after a certain rpm.
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

If I were in your position, I'd be looking for something that can be ridden straight away with zero maintenance, multi-purpose, and maybe smaller than what you have in mind. Of course, if you have frequent interstate riding in mind, then a small dual sport (think Kawasaki Super Shera or DR350SE) mightn't be the best choice, but they sure are fun to throw around.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              If I were in your position, I'd be looking for something that can be ridden straight away with zero maintenance, multi-purpose, and maybe smaller than what you have in mind. Of course, if you have frequent interstate riding in mind, then a small dual sport (think Kawasaki Super Shera or DR350SE) mightn't be the best choice, but they sure are fun to throw around.
              If I get another bike that runs and rides no problem then the GS will be a dust collector, I do want to finish it I enjoy riding it when I can, it does ride but just not very good right now. Low speed rpms and some rev climb is going on but it will be done.

I thought maybe it would be finished for the most part after the coil relay mod but I thought wrong.
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post

++1 Get something that runs now.

Comment

Working...
                X