No announcement yet.

Dynojet stage 3 tuning HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I used the o ring kit sold by one of the forum contributors. I unracked the carbs and removed everything. Blew compressed air through, then ultrssonic, then more air. Also ran a wire through every orifice. Set the float heights to 22.4mm and also carefully cleaned the valve seats. Valve needles also seemed to be in good working order.

I know what you’re talking about with the stuck floats.. that happened to me the first time I rebuilt the carbs. I had to tap on them to unstick the float. I did hit carb 1 and 4 on the side with a rubber mallet. However, still leaked. I may try again but this time use a screwdriver on the leaking carb 3. It could be I just didn’t hit the right carb to unstick it.

by the way, those dual pods were a very tight fit. I did crunch the air filter a tiny bit on the left pod. I think the next time I remove and put them back on, what I’ll do is loosen the engine mounting bolts and tilt the engine forward. What I did this time was use a plastic putty knife to put in between the carb and the pod rubber boots to slowly wiggle them into place

Comment

Originally posted by jboge123 View Post
      Well after 3 years of the bike having sit ( after not running) she fired up quite nicely with just half choke and about 10 seconds of working the starter.
      10 seconds of cranking? Okay, if it's just sat for 3 years. But everything is not completely sorted until that cranking time is cut by about 90%.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The <<crunch>> part that i have on my left lunchbox filter is where the clutch cable runs down between carbs 1&2. It doesnt affect the performance at all plus its not visible you have to look there closely to find it
        GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

10 seconds of cranking? Okay, if it's just sat for 3 years. But everything is not completely sorted until that cranking time is cut by about 90%.
          Yeah I mean the fuel had to get down and fill up the float bowls. I was also running long lines with the tank off the bike so it seems reasonable it would take longer than expected

Comment

Kara25 Did you oil your dual filters? My K&N shipment did not include any oil

Comment

Originally posted by jboge123 View Post
              Kara25 Did you oil your dual filters? My K&N shipment did not include any oil
              K&Ns come ready-oiled. They want to sell you the oiling kit at your first cleaning interval, which might be as much as 50K away.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

If i remember correctly they come pre-oiled. When they accumulate dirt and junk later down the road buy the recharger kit to clean and re-oil them. When that time comes be careful NOT to over-oil them jboge123
                GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

Comment

Thanks guys - that makes sense now

Comment

Working...
                  X