1985 GS1150EF Original Paint Scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS1150EF Original Paint Scheme?

Can anyone tell me if this is a original paint scheme for a 85 gs1150ef?

Thanks!

Yes, it is
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
      Yes, it is
      Thanks.

Looks to be in good condition and is all original except for the windscreen is painted black. I will need ti look at it myself.

The guy is asking $5000 Canadian for it, hoping to get it for around $4,000. Does this seem about right for the value?

Comment

Absolutely beautiful. Go get it.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sounds a little high on price, even at 4k unless it's under 20k km.
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

A bit much. Maybe he'll take Bitcoin?

I just read that even in 1985, it was a rare motorcycle.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

He's asking a lot. Top dollar for mint shape efe should be $5-6K and it's a quite a small market of people willing to pay that.
              But then good used bikes are becoming harder to find and values are rising.

Many of the 84, 85 and 86 efe's ended up as drag bikes, very strong engines so they're harder to find. Despite that still not the most desirable GS, scarcity doesn't automatically translate to increased value.

I love my 84 efe, reliable, strong and so much potential for improvement.
              1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I've had an E and an EF. I will get another E. I shouldn't have sold the last one.
                Attached Files
                1986 1150EF
                2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                  I've had an E and an EF. I will get another E. I shouldn't have sold the last one.
                  That's the same as mine, well it used to look that quiet a few mods since then. Conversion to 1260 big bore coming next winter.
                  1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Hey guys, so this bike is still for sale. I haven't gone to take a look as its a 12hr round trip and it's been a busy summer.

I have some more pictures I will attach.

I offered $4k CAD, he came back at $4400 is the lowest he will go and isn't in a hurry to sell but would like it gone before fall. I think I will just tell him I'll take it if he ever decides to let it go for $4k.

Has some damage to the fairings as you can see in the pics. The chain guard is missing in the pics buy he does have it and its in good condition.

What's peoples thoughts after seeing the new pictures?

Comment

A few more detailed pics with better quality

Comment

Few more details, guy bought the bike one year ago but got injured and couldn't ride or work so spent a bunch of time cleaning and polishing the bike.

Cleaned and rebuilt the carbs, runs great he claims.

Has some damage to the fairings as seen.

32,000 km (20,000 miles)

Comment

If I were to buy it my plan would be to just maintain its current condition for a few years until my kids get older and more independent at which point I would do a complete disassembly and restore to showroom condition. I think this would be a good candidate.

One question, if I were to repair the fairings and have them painted are their factory decal kits available?

Comment

Really nice bike! I totally agree with what you're thinking on the value. I wouldn't touch the bike, I'd leave the little marks on it and not worry about them.
                            1986 1150EF
                            2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

This has 1150 decals, not sure if all options.
                              1982 GS1000S Katana
                              1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                              X