Suzuki Guru Ray Rains Post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low comp 1428 runs pretty good with rs 36 and a set of .348"s'

I have a epoxy head that I could take photos of.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Sure any Help is Great Thanks! Be nice to see how the experts do it. I was going to machine the spigots off,, turn some alloy tubes to suit my ?? carb dias, bore the head intake port slightly to suit the spigots and tig weld and epoxy into place? Then port the area . Blend it in. Hows that sound? I wanted larger valves. I run 31/27 s in my other heads but I have a couple only 1 mm oversized. Bigger is always better.

Comment

mill them off yes. after that the choices are wide. mine has blocks of aluminum bolted to the head and carb spacing widened. then rubber holders bolted to the block.. (31-26) --so my head can only use lectrons, VM, or TM individual carbs.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I was responding to why we dont answer for weeks on here. Its been awhile for me.
          Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
          Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
          Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Just a Add On. Well..I finally found that Post I had originally inquired about. Unfortunately the Photos' were all Gone??? What really interested me was the Intake port Height distance people made Higher for fast Drag Engines. Im trying to build Faster Stuff each Time. Thanx here's Link?

Comment

Send me a head and I will build you one. Then you can see what is involved. About $3500, spigots, big seats, 31/27 stainless valves, guides, valvejob, springs, retainers, epoxied, ported and surfaced. Add $800 more if you want titanium intakes.
              Ray.

Comment

Thanx Ray for the kind offer . I like to do my own machining and all the work on my own Bikes. I have gotten these old GS s running pretty good but was trying to get a bit more from them. I used to Race them back in the eighties. I was wanting to do my own Head from start to finish. My background is Machining and I am quite fussy .Also by the time you get 3500 from a Canadian with exchange rate and shipping....its stupid amount of money and spending that much on a Old GS makes no sense to myself. I actually made some fixtures for my Tool Room Milling Machine to do large seats. Also have quite some other equipment as well as a Boring Bar and a Hone in my small 1000 square foot hobby shop. Old stuff but operational.

Comment

Working...
                X