78 GS750 Project Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 GS750 Project Bike

I just purchased a 78 750C. The electrical components to include the battery box and wiring harness are all in boxes. Does anyone know of a post that shows the wiring harness routing and how to reinstall the battery box and components? Just hoping someone remembers a post or two they could refer me to. Thanks! Mike

Originally posted by map747 View Post
    I just purchased a 78 750C. The electrical components to include the battery box and wiring harness are all in boxes. Does anyone know of a post that shows the wiring harness routing and how to reinstall the battery box and components? Just hoping someone remembers a post or two they could refer me to. Thanks! Mike
    Hi Mike,

head on to our "library" (bassclif/bikecliff's site) linked in my signature, then have a look at the service manual for your model. The routing is explained there.

As for the installation, a member more versed than me may pass by; but you may want to have a look at a parts fiche for your bike, it might help you figuring out the installation on your own.
    But aside from the airbox, most stuff on our bikes should be quite obvious, if you take a few minutes looking at it.
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Grab the service manual from Basscliff’s site (http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/) as it will have what you are asking for
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
      X