Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering head sticker

Greetings,
    I've been reading a lot of threads here for the past week and I haven't read any about sandblasting the frame. Before I do, I need to know if reproduction stickers are available. I've contacted Suzuki and they refer me to my local dealer. I've been raped by dealers before. Not fun.
    1978 GS750EC DOM: May 1978. installed header with Supertrapp muffler.

Crappy website but this guy can do it.
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
      Crappy website but this guy can do it.
      Aww man. I checked that site right when you posted and 77 GS750 was on the list. But now almost the entire list got removed.
      1977 Suzuki GS750
      1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Make your own & have it printed on vinyl.... Or carefully remove it & save it. Do you need it to register the bike? The frame is stamped in any case... Here in CA they would want it but only if it needs to go for inspection (which doesn't happen unless it's out of state or 7 years out of registration). I imagine a lot of other states would just take the frame stamp no?
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Zerospirit View Post
          Aww man. I checked that site right when you posted and 77 GS750 was on the list. But now almost the entire list got removed.
          "If your model is not listed, please contact us to determine if we are able to reproduce your VIN."

http://www.bdesigns.ca/vin_models_available.pdf
          The 78 GS750 is on that.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I am considering carefully removing the original Suzuki factory frame sticker and cleaning the old adhesive off the back of it and then using quality glue,re-applying it;have any of you done that process and how did it work ?
            Last edited by grcamna2; 06-08-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I've done it that way. It's tough because it's a really thin foil & not designed to come off. I've also masked around it....
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                I've done it that way. It's tough because it's a really thin foil & not designed to come off. I've also masked around it....

Can you recommend a good adhesive that may have worked for you ? I can get standard contact cement but if there's some better product that will hold as good as the original,I'm all for it.

Comment

Working...
                X