New member introductory 1st post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member introductory 1st post

Greetings! Thanks for the acceptance of letting me join this forum. I do not presently own a Suzuki GS but did back in 1982 when I purchased a new maroon GS1100E with matching Bell helmet from a motorcycle shop in Rome GA. I kept this great bike 2 years and foolishly traded it even Steven for a small Italian 2 seat sports car. What a mistake as the engine blew in the car 2 weeks later! Anyway, I am a vintage 2 stroke street bike junkie and currently own a 76 Suzuki GT750 A Water Buffalo, a 72 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV Triple, and a KRR Yamaha RZ350. Have been riding so since 1971 and currently 62 years old and retired. I primarily joined for reasons related to planned upgrades on my GT750A with front suspension mods/ braking upgrades and knew you guys would know all the answers to questions I’ll have. I also joined as I’ve heard of this salty_monk fellow that sells caliper adapter kits and hoping he still may have some. Just wanted to give an intro before I post up some questions. Glad to be here!
    1976 Suzuki GT750A (Maui Blue)
    1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candy Tone Blue)
    1984 Yamaha RZ350 KRR (Competition Yellow)

Evans
    Macon, GA

Shouldn't be a problem. GS vs GT exact same thing only different. Good luck & welcome
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Welcome!

62 years of age...you're a young buckaroo around here...lol!

I'm one of the young ones pushing 55 next month. I'm not 20-something anymore and I outsource many things I can't be bothered to do...lol!

Let's see pics of your ride(s)...you've been riding for a while...I started at age 44.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from another newbie! I would love to see pics of your water buffalo. My first new vehicle purchase was a 2-stroke Suzuki gt550 in 1972. I have recently fallen for a few gs550s but i will always have a soft spot for the 2-strokes. This has been a great forum to learn new things and be entertained. Lots of nice people here to help us!
        sigpic 79 gs550 80 gs550 250 rebel

Comment

Waitaminit...I know you are not the first member from Macon, GA. The place must be overrun with old Suzukis, or at least old Suzuki lovers.

That's a nice stable of smokers you have. I have always loved the KRR RZ350. My parents (rightfully, in retrospect) fought me tooth and nail when I suggested it'd be a great, first motorcycle when standing astride one on the showroom floor back in the day. I don't think MY eyeroll could have gone further into my head when the salesman suggested a Seca 450 instead.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

BEW, Welcome. Thanks for intro. Pics would be good.

Yep, Salty Monk here is the guy with the brake mod/update.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome to the site and yes, we do love looking at pictures here. Let's see those 2 strokers. My 1st bike was a GT550 2 stroker. What a thrill the 1st time I rode it.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse.... (Yes I do have a few sets on my shelf).
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Welcome, and please show us lots and lots of pics of your Kaw H2!
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks for the warm and friendly welcome! Question on posting pics- is there a way to direct upload from this site as an attachment? I’d make sure to resize to 640 x 480.

Evans
                    Macon, GA

Comment

Welcome BEW. Please create a signature with, at the very least, your bike info. Go to Settings at the top right of any page, while you're logged in, then find the signature links on the left side of the page.

The best method for posting pics on this forum is to have the pictures hosted on a picture sharing site like Flickr or Imgur. Once you set up an account and upload your pictures, you need to copy the BBCode of the image, and paste it into your post. I have detailed instructions on using Imgur linked in my signature.
                      Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 05-26-2021, 06:00 PM.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Test for signature. Hope it works!

Evans
                        Macon, GA

Comment

Signature looks good!
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks Rich very helpful
                            sigpic 79 gs550 80 gs550 250 rebel

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                              Welcome to the madhouse.... (Yes I do have a few sets on my shelf).
                              Will be sending you an email so you can see if you have what I need. Thanks for piping in!

Evans
                              Macon, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X