Reasons my bike would go to twin mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    ........ I'm about 95% certain I know what the problem is and how to fix it..........
    Hey, we are also curious to know what the suspected problem is! Just drop us a short clue please! The suspense of not knowing what is wrong with timebomb's bike is killing me!
    1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
      Hey, we are also curious to know what the suspected problem is! Just drop us a short clue please! The suspense of not knowing what is wrong with timebomb's bike is killing me!
      It will get here. I just want to give him the dope and background info first so he will understand the what and why of it. All the clues are in his replies of what he said, or didn't say. lol Keepin it simple for the moment.

The train is coming, will Pauline be rescued from the track in time? LMAO
      Last edited by earlfor; 06-07-2021, 12:24 PM. Reason: punctuation
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Yes, Earl, please help Ian. Ian has suffered long enough. He deserves a bike he can ride confidently.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Yes, Earl, please help Ian. Ian has suffered long enough. He deserves a bike he can ride confidently.
          I'm doing my best to get Ian fixed. lol

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Ended up sleeping right after I came back, saw 8+ manatees lol.

Yeah i cant wait until this bike is done once I'm running on all 4 I will only have one issue and it's that shor circuit
            Last edited by timebombprod; 06-07-2021, 04:20 PM.
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

Well I called Rick's and they said the stator should be fine, I asked if they had an OEM spec sheet for the resistance and I didnt get an answer for that. they said that as long as all 3 legs are the same resistance I should be fine. So I guess I'll be good? Anyways i will be getting my regulator soon enough that is in working order, if I get that short circuit it either relies in the stator or the regulator ground, or the positive wire that runs to the fusebox. We will figure out.

If theres a quick way to check the wire to the fusebox let me know.

My ground have been changed recently and I'm planning in grounding the regulator to the battery, aslong as that's fine i shouldn't run into any trouble.
              Last edited by timebombprod; 06-07-2021, 04:41 PM.
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                It will get here. I just want to give him the dope and background info first so he will understand the what and why of it. All the clues are in his replies of what he said, or didn't say. lol Keepin it simple for the moment
                Best idea yet!
                Hard for me to two finger type understandable statements and follow some of the responses.

A fellow once said, “If you want to have a conversation with me, first, define your terms.”
                Jim, in Central New York State.

1980 GS750E (bought used June,1983)
                1968 CB350 Super Sport (bought new Oct,1968)
                1962 CA77 305 Dream (bought used Feb,1963)

Comment

I think alot of important things can get lost in translation by typing instead of speaking, it's easy to speak about something because you dont necessarily have to think it out, but on here it's a must, it also helps to be able to instantly reply.

Glad I'll be on the phone with somebody it definently helos and i can check thinks while speaking to get "checkpoints" to know what's what
                  Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                  1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                    I think alot of important things can get lost in translation by typing instead of speaking, it's easy to speak about something because you dont necessarily have to think it out, but on here it's a must, it also helps to be able to instantly reply.

Glad I'll be on the phone with somebody it definently helos and i can check thinks while speaking to get "checkpoints" to know what's what

Check your PM's.

Comment

Ian, I can't seem to hit a time when we're both online or when you have your phone. When can I call?

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                        OK guys, I wasn't trying to make this a cliff hanger frustrating anyone. I only wanted to keep it focused.

The problem in a nutshell is that Ian has his carbs shut down. There is nothing mechanically wrong that i can ascertain. I'm going to make him turn them on. lol

Comment

Flip flop schedule, call whenever now I'll be around
                          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                          1982 XS650

Comment

You can always call again tomorrow when you're able to if I wake up I'll make sure to answer
                            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                            1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                              You can always call again tomorrow when you're able to if I wake up I'll make sure to answer
                              Noon, tried again.

Comment

Sorry I can't believe I slept through my phone ringing, I'm around now all day
                                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                                1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                                X