Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hiding to nothing .....
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
      And you will be proved wrong
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
        You lost me on that one. ??
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

It means there's no success to any outcome. Seeing as it wasn't quoting anything it's probably directed towards me, no big deal.
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
            It means there's no success to any outcome. Seeing as it wasn't quoting anything it's probably directed towards me, no big deal.
            Consider this. There is no success to anything anyone ever does,......................until............
            They succeed.

I will guess it could be either of us. heh lol
            Last edited by earlfor; 06-11-2021, 11:02 PM.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I surely will succeed! I have all the parts just gonna check a few things and then should be on the way to running, and then riding. Seeing my issues are very possible to deal with I should be done fairly quickly and easily.
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

You fix your ground fault yet? It aint gonna fix itself y'know. lol

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                  You fix your ground fault yet? It aint gonna fix itself y'know. lol
                  I did move them but if you're talking about getting rid of the second ground for the battery I have not done that yet. What's really odd to me is that it doesnt show it on the OEM blueprint. I wonder why it was even added or if my battery connections are aftermarket or from a different bike.
                  Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                  1982 XS650

Comment

Snapchat-1216713808.jpg

Heres how it's set up, know of any reason it would be done? Should I just go ahead and clip it
                    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                    1982 XS650

Comment

Gonna test the main ground to ensure it's doing its job and remove that extra ground, aslong as it's just extra! I guess a second ground doesnt hurt but if the main tests fine I dont see why I'd need it.

Gonna have the regulator ground where the second battery ground was instead of the battery terminal to ensure if a problem happens that the only piece failing will be the only one damaged
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

The "extra" ground is ground reinforcement. It ensures other stuff have a good ground when the "main" ground is loaded up. During cranking is a time when the positive and negative cables will be loaded up - notice the positive cable also has the "extra" split off that occurs at the battery terminal and not at the other end (starter relay/solenoid) for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                          I did move them but if you're talking about getting rid of the second ground for the battery I have not done that yet. What's really odd to me is that it doesnt show it on the OEM blueprint. I wonder why it was even added or if my battery connections are aftermarket or from a different bike.
                          It was added by someone that doesn't understand the system. Grounds are a common loop. Only one battery ground to frame is needed. That is why the factory uses one.
                          Last edited by earlfor; 06-12-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killer2600 View Post
                            the "extra" ground is ground reinforcement. It ensures other stuff have a good ground when the "main" ground is loaded up. During cranking is a time when the positive and negative cables will be loaded up - notice the positive cable also has the "extra" split off that occurs at the battery terminal and not at the other end (starter relay/solenoid) for the same reason.

nope!.............

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              nope!.............
                              Says the person who confuses a continuity tester for a circuit tester.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer2600 View Post
                                Says the person who confuses a continuity tester for a circuit tester.
                                Nope. You did.

Comment

Working...
                                X