Suzuki GS 700ES purchase price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki GS 700ES purchase price?

Hi, I am looking to possibly buy a 1985 GS 700ES with 16K .... and looks to be in top condition cosmetically and mechanically. Tires like new. The seller wants $2,700. He lives 150 miles from me ... so I want to be sure if I go see it. Does $2,700 sound about right for one in great shape?

Question 2: Any chance to add a back rest and luggage rack accessory on this type of sport bike? Sounds kinda crazy, doesn't it. My girlfriend likes back support!
    Last edited by dennco2; 06-03-2021, 11:11 PM.
    Dennco2
    1985 GS450
    Stock condition and a work in progress

sigpic

Dennco2,That does sound like a good price if the bike has been taken very good care of and had regular maintenance.

Comment

Hey neighbor, I’m in Mill Creek.
      If it’s the, 1985 GS700ES, out by Wenatchee, that price is the going rate, in my opinion. If it was the full 750 version, it would be worth more.
      Either way, looking at the pics on Craigslist, I think it would be a good purchase. Looks unmolested, stock chrome pipes in great condition, half-fairing looks great, seat looks great.
      Engine side covers are clean, no signs of the bike laying down. All the aluminum, has no oxidation/corrosion..

If you want my advice, and you are in the market for such a bike, I’d say that bike would be a good and safe purchase.

regards,
      Mel

Comment

Originally posted by melchiro View Post
        Hey neighbor, I’m in Mill Creek.
        If it’s the, 1985 GS700ES, out by Wenatchee, that price is the going rate, in my opinion. If it was the full 750 version, it would be worth more.
        Either way, looking at the pics on Craigslist, I think it would be a good purchase. Looks unmolested, stock chrome pipes in great condition, half-fairing looks great, seat looks great.
        Engine side covers are clean, no signs of the bike laying down. All the aluminum, has no oxidation/corrosion..

If you want my advice, and you are in the market for such a bike, I’d say that bike would be a good and safe purchase.

regards,
        Mel
        Howdy neighbor .... well that bike is already sold ... so must have been a good one. Darn. I was hoping to see it tomorrow. For now, I will have to settle for riding my Suzuki GR650 Tempter ... who no one has ever heard of. Works for me.
        Dennco2
        1985 GS450
        Stock condition and a work in progress

sigpic

Comment

Wow... I’m surprised by this question. Lol $2700?? Come on man 🙂
          No signature

Comment

"Howdy neighbor .... well that bike is already sold ... so must have been a good one. Darn. I was hoping to see it tomorrow. For now, I will have to settle for riding my Suzuki GR650 Tempter ... who no one has ever heard of. Works for me."

Knock it off. I always liked those things.

Comment

Working...
            X