Spooky !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooky !

The electric starter on my GS750 packed up a few weeks back, so been using the kickstarter a lot. Yesterday, finally got around to sorting it out , turned out to be a faulty kill switch. Fortunately, found a spare unit in the parts shed. So this morning, decided to go for a ride, she started first time and ran great. Glad it was sorted as the bike is overdue for her MOT, not something they test but the tester is a young lad and would not appreciate having to use the kicker !. Got back home and was just about to put the bike in the garage when my wife asked if we could go for a ride out somewhere as it was a nice sunny day. So, she got kitted up and got on, the bike fired up straight away and off we went. About a 100 yards up the road, came to stop at a junction. When we pulled away the bike fluffed, so gave it more throttle but seemed like hardly any power and did`nt sound right either. Limped up the road, could`nt get above 30mph and the bike sounded like it was running on just two pots. Turned around first chance and limped back home. Back on the drive, sure enough a quick check showed no spark at Nos 1 & 4. My neighbour, who rides a Triumph Speed Triple came across and I was telling him how p....d off I was having fixed the starter, booked the MOT only for this problem to develop. He chuckled and said, maybe this has something to do with it and pointed at the odometer. The mileage was 66642 !!.
    "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
    1978 GS750
    1979 GS750 chop
    1979 GS550
    2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
    2000 Enfield Bullet 500
    1992 XV750 Virago
    2016 Harley 883 Iron

International built a tractor back in the day, model was 666. I never could figure how they ever sold one. I also remember that after he left office, a bunch of Ronald Reagan's friends got together and bought him a house in an exclusive neighborhood, and they petitioned the powers that be to change the house address. It was 666.

Comment

Got a 666 in my address... Scary!

Always get a kick out of buildings that skip the 13th floor. Although, our bungalow (#13) got hit by lightening and burned to the ground. And that Apollo mission (#13). I see a pattern. Someone call Marjorie Taylor Greene!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I rode up and down Rt 666 all weekend w/no issues. But it was absolutely cursed with group after group of slow-moving, open-piped, stupid fat-tired, slowing-down-for-curves Harley Riders.

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Been there too --
          Currently in the Stable :
          2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
          1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
          - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Working...
          X