Colortune and loud pop out of exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colortune and loud pop out of exhaust?

81' GS850G. Most of the plugs are filthy and it's sooooo gassy, trying to dial in. Started with #4 just because (well, #1 the pilot jet is kinda siezed and I don't wanna mess with it much more just yet). Anyways....

A few questions:

1. #4 no adjustments burns perfectly blue...suspiciously perfect (I had it at about 1/4 choke and it was blue, pushed choke in still blue...normal?
    2. I do notice a crazy loud exhaust pop at idle that I don't get when my normal plug is in. Is it an electrical thing? Cant really tell which pipe it's coming out of, but it doesn't pop like that normally....guessing it's related to colortune plug vs normal spark plug.

Thanks for any advice,
    -MD
    78' GS750

If you’d like to eventually ride this thing safely, you have no choice but to “mess with carbs”.... otherwise you’re wasting time. The carbs must be removed and properly cleaned by you or someone else...there are no shortcuts .
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Look up cv/bs rebuild

Only way to do it, just replace rubber o rings but keep all the brass
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

Carbs have been to church, and #4 was the cleanest of the bunch. Plug on that one in particular looked the best out of the others.
        78' GS750

Comment

A couple of posts on the forum say colortune doesn't work so well with CV carbs

Comment

Working...
          X