Back after several years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back after several years

Hi guys: I was a member several years ago. I think when I had my 1150 EF or maybe later when I had my 1150E. Anyway I just bought a 1977 GS750 off the original owner so I guess I'm back into it! Original owner did all the legwork on the bike (even though it only has 25,000KM). So I'm just going to go over everything, finish up a few items and enjoy it,g s 1.JPG
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Welcome back.
    Photography skills need work. haha.

Any idea on the exhaust brand?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looks in GREAT SHAPE.
        sigpic
        '77 GS550B
        '78 GS550C

Comment

Originally posted by xkaes View Post
          Looks in GREAT SHAPE.
          His bike or his thumb?

Welcome back!!!
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Oops: Ha, ha. I should have posted a different one. Not sure what brand of exhaust I'll go through the receipts, It is stainless. I prefer the stock ones and I have them but of course the mufflers are rotted out in a small area at the back near the outlets and at the welds where the mufflers were welded to the pipes that connect to the headers in front. I may do what I can to repair them and run them, the chrome on them is exceptional with no scratches or marks.
            The original owner went through most of the bike but I couldn't get either brake to build decent pressure today, I'll have to research what's going on, maybe a seal backwards in the master cylinders or something.
            I'll try to redeem myself by posting a shot of my 1150E that I redid.
            Attached Files
            1986 1150EF
            2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Here we go: Got the brakes bled, installed the stock exhaust. Very happy with the condition. Tomorrow I'll check torque on everything, adjust the valve lash and check the carbs over.
              Attached Files
              1986 1150EF
              2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

It is a beauty!
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  It is a beauty!
                  The thumb or the bike?
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                    Here we go: Got the brakes bled, installed the stock exhaust. Very happy with the condition. Tomorrow I'll check torque on everything, adjust the valve lash and check the carbs over.
                    That's a beautiful 77' 750 Big Block

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                      Hi guys: I was a member several years ago. I think when I had my 1150 EF or maybe later when I had my 1150E. Anyway I just bought a 1977 GS750 off the original owner so I guess I'm back into it! Original owner did all the legwork on the bike (even though it only has 25,000KM). So I'm just going to go over everything, finish up a few items and enjoy it,[ATTACH=CONFIG]62922[/ATTACH]
                      Cool...I saw that bike for sale. Just went through Vernon twice in the last month.
                      No signature

Comment

You will need to ditch that Motad exhaust. They are extremely restrictive.

Alternatively, bang out the first baffle, which is about 8 - 10" in from the end of the pipe.
                        Richard
                        sigpic
                        GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                        GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                        GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                        GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                        Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                        Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
                          You will need to ditch that Motad exhaust. They are extremely restrictive.

Alternatively, bang out the first baffle, which is about 8 - 10" in from the end of the pipe.
                          But be careful the chisel doesn't follow through, or you'll never get it out.
                          Not that I've done that.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                            But be careful the chisel doesn't follow through, or you'll never get it out.
                            Not that I've done that.
                            Added a moving baffle?
                            1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                            1983 GS 1100 G
                            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                              Added a moving baffle?
                              Added a mobile rattle.
                              It went away after a few tens of thousands of miles.
                              Still in there, but even though I've taken that system off the downpipes are scraggy but the muffler is still good, and I'm not cutting it open to retrieve the chisel.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                              X