Looks like the compact truck is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
    Got my Maverick. Mid-level trim pkg (XLT) with 4 add-ons for $28,500, out the door. There are some selling for crazy $$$. Edit...When I resized this pic I guess it shrunk so small it's not of much value. I was going to send a pic of the dash reading 52 mpg after 150 miles since my first fill-up.
    Great numbers. I have been reading stories about old used pickups costing that much. And there are hybrids not getting that kind of mileage. I assume you were going easy on the throttle for break in but still....

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I was beyond easy on the throttle. 50 mph cruising on backroads with no A/C. Never thought I would be a hyper-miler but I slowly changed after reading on the Honda Insight forum.
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Congrats on the Mav!!!! Is it the Hybrid model? That's some awesome fuel economy.
        I got 15MPG on the Subaru to our last camping trip. However Momma was using the Subaru to power her breast pump so it was running 20 minutes every 4 hours. I did manage to get 32MPG which I thought was good for an AWD 3.6L H6.

Enjoy that little truck, look forward to following your ownership!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Yes, it's the hybrid. I do 530 miles each weekend driving slow only using A/C when absolutely necessary. Most owners are getting high 30's. You can really boost the mileage on hybrids if you are easy on the gas pedal. I never even drove my Honda insight (hybrid) on the interstate at 75 mph to see what the mileage would be like in that environment. Put 87,500 miles on it and mostly under 55 mph. The Maverick actually doesn't seem all that small. More like smallish mid-size.
          1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Excellent! Where I live the speed limit maxes out at 50MPH. I still am looking at a Mav for ownership down the road... We will see, I want to see how it holds up with it's electronics. The Electronics in my Subaru is borderline maddening. I really enjoy driving it when it works. It always seems to screw somethin up after I say out loud, I love this car... TPMS and the passenger window stopped working this most current time.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              My BILs Maverick is due in mid Jan 22. Maybe Ill come back here for a review.
              He got it and seems to enjoy it. Especially now that gas has gone up 2 bucks a gallon since he ordered it !

. The Maverick actually doesn't seem all that small. More like smallish mid-size.
              I have pics (but cant post em....grrrr) next to my LB F150 and it don't look like a compact. He called me last night from a garden supply where he was buying a tree. Tree wont fit in the Mav. He wants to borrow my truck ; )

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Filled my Silverado today 252 dollars. Missed my 88 s10 greatly.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

This truck seems to be exactly what many of us need. I hope its longevity is as good as its frugality.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Excellent! Where I live the speed limit maxes out at 50MPH. I still am looking at a Mav for ownership down the road... We will see, I want to see how it holds up with it's electronics. The Electronics in my Subaru is borderline maddening. I really enjoy driving it when it works. It always seems to screw somethin up after I say out loud, I love this car... TPMS and the passenger window stopped working this most current time.
                    For the first time in my life, I bought an extended warranty. $2000 to extend the "bumper to bumper" warranty from 36,000 miles to 136,000. All the electronic and computerized stuff scared me. There is a forum (Maverick Truck Club, I think} where hyper milers are getting 50 mpg and exceeding 700 miles on a tank. I did 700.7 on my first fillup and through the computer showed 52.3 mpg I got 48.5 figuring it the "real world" way. Weird thing was, I put in 14.45 gallons and it's supposed to have a 13.7 gallon tank. Didn't pack the gas in but did add 2 tenths after the automatic shutoff.
                    Last edited by 1948man; 06-27-2022, 01:03 PM.
                    1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Weird thing was, I put in 14.45 gallons and it's supposed to have a 13.7 gallon tank. Didn't pack the gas in but did add 2 tenths after the automatic shutoff.
                      Gas Pump Inspection Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

850-410-3800
                      800-435-7352
                      Division of Consumer Services, Bureau of Standards. The department regularly conducts inspections of the petroleum distribution system and analyzes samples of petroleum products to ensure consumers are being offered quality products at a fair measure.
                      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        I got 15MPG on the Subaru to our last camping trip. However Momma was using the Subaru to power her breast pump.....
                        There has to be a joke here somewhere...

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                          Gas Pump Inspection Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

850-410-3800
                          800-435-7352
                          Division of Consumer Services, Bureau of Standards. The department regularly conducts inspections of the petroleum distribution system and analyzes samples of petroleum products to ensure consumers are being offered quality products at a fair measure.
                          Yeah, I used something like that 30 or so yrs ago. I'll see how things work next fillup and consider calling them if I use significantly less gas. I'm reading that some other Maverick Hybrid owners are also filling over 14 gallons. Also, some are getting more actual mileage than what the computer says. I guess things will start to even out after a few fillups.
                          1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post

There has to be a joke here somewhere...

Yeah, something about babies and poor miles per gallon of milk... this will take some work in the joke lab, but there's potential.
                            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

Yeah, something about babies and poor miles per gallon of milk... this will take some work in the joke lab, but there's potential.
                              HAHA

Still cheaper and more available than Formula...
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                                Filled my Silverado today 252 dollars. Missed my 88 s10 greatly.
                                Wow!

What does it have...a 50 gallon tank? YIKES!!!

My lil Tacoma has a 22 gallon tank and I try to fill up at 3/4 tank...and sometimes I've filled at 1/2 tank.

The other day, I let it get to almost 1/4 tank and it took almost $70 to fill it!

I'm glad my daily drive is 4 miles one-way so for the most part, I do about 10 miles per day/M-F.

I got an OTT tune so my gas mileage has improved a lil bit and power is where it needs to be.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X