NHDRO Street E.T. at Martin Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHDRO Street E.T. at Martin Michigan

I'm not one to toot my own horn but... I won the street et class on saturday, on the 750.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Seconds, man. How many seconds?

And if you tell me it's 1/8, not 1/4 mile, well...
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Ran 1/4 mi at this event. 12.29 at 108 most of a very hot and humid seven round day. Lost third round on Sunday when i redlit.... bike is set-up to run 12's cause i race it in IHRA sportsman car class at home, it has a 12 sec or slower limit.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
        Ran 1/4 mi at this event. 12.29 at 108 most of a very hot and humid seven round day. Lost third round on Sunday when i redlit.... bike is set-up to run 12's cause i race it in IHRA sportsman car class at home, it has a 12 sec or slower limit.

What mods have you done to your ES ?

Comment

"Ain't braggin' if you can back it up"....congrats King!

Seven rounds is a lot to get through.
          Just for grins, what kind of bike did you beat in your Final?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I'm not one to toot my own horn but... I won the street et class on saturday, on the 750.
            Well done
            I've never drag-raced, it must be a buzz.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Engine is from a '89 gsx750f and is stock with pods and a yosh header that has been on the bike since '84. Raced against a zx14 in the final.
              Last edited by kingofvenus; 06-15-2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Raced against a zx14 in the final.
                Yikes! Double yikes!!
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Engine is from a '89 gsx750f and is stock with pods and a yosh header that has been on the bike since '84. Raced against a zx14 in the final.

Do you ride it as a registered street bike also?

Comment

Yes, but i don't ride it much on the street, the wing is much more comfy on my old bones...

Comment

Got mentioned in Cycledrag and Eatmyink sites. But they got the bike wrong even though i listed it as what it is on the entry form. Still nice to have a picture of me on there.

Comment

Very cool to have a pic and some ink.
                        https://www.cycledrag.com/families-claim-big-nhdro-checks-at-u-s-131

Last edited by steve murdoch; 06-18-2021, 10:52 PM.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for posting the picture. I don't understand why they didn't talk to me at all.... Could've asked me during the winners circle pictures.

Comment

Working...
                          X