Trip through BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip through BC

We had an non-essential travel ban here i BC until June 15th....I got my second vaccine back in May so I decided to go ahead...apparently it's ok to travel in BC as long as you are from another province...lol
    I planned the trip back in January and we had originally 18 guys that went down to 12 because some were not comfortable travelling...
    Anyway I decided to leave a week early on my own and meet the guys later....week on the road by myself..so nice.

I took the 7am ferry and my wife got up to take this pic at 6am...first big ride since my accident and on my new GSXS1000F

New Givi bags worked great. And of course I had a new helmet painted to match my bike lol

Day one I rode to Osoyoos BC...it's our version of a desert...it was 37 (100) degrees but I had a pool...stayed there for two nights and did a day ride the next day...

Outside my hotel

And of course a trip for me wouldn't be complete without to getting a performance award certificate...lol
    The guy was super nice and totally interested in my bike and the upgrades...asked lots of questions...we talked about his boat etc...30 min he says I have to give you a ticket....I was doing 127 in a 100 and he said "I will give you the minimum....$138 and 3 points...I asked for a warning and he said "can't do that"....then he said..."I suppose if I asked you for proof of insurance, you wouldn't be able to provide that"?...I said...sure "it's under my seat"...he says "I suppose if I asked you for proof of insurance, you wouldn't be able to provide that"?....lol...I said "oh no I can't"....he wrote me a ticket for no papers...$81 and no points...$56 if I pay it in 30 days.
    No signature

We have some amazing roads in BC
    Burton BC

Copper Mine

No signature

Comment

You will notice a theme of very little traffic....covid lock downs aren't so bad..lol

Checked out a dirt road I have always wanted to see...glad I did

Took another ferry over to stay with a buddy in Revelstoke

My buddy just put the finishing touches on his awesome Bandit

No signature

Comment

Then in my second week I made my way back to Merritt to meet my buddies

Took them on the dirt road after I knew it was a good road..

Our must stop place The Empty Kep Brew pub They remembered us from last year and asked us to sing another song like we did..lol

Our waitress was amazing...I had gotten to know her because I was there a few nights prior...she was so positive and knew what we all had from the night before...we come to find out she lost her house to an electrical fire 3 days before...and a single mom....insurance out her in a motel....we did a little impromptu fundraiser and scraped together a few hundred dollars for her...she was moved to tears as we were...the stuff that happens on the road can be such a blessing.
        On to Nakusp

And another Ferry

No signature

Comment

Then our final night as a big group was in one of my favorite places to stay...Toad Rock Motorcycle campground...with cabins

The gang left for home and me and a buddy spent a few more days on the road...

Home sweet home...my wife was being cheeky parking her passport in my spot...lol

14 days on the road and 3908kms covered. Loving my new bike!

Oh and my hip held up not too bad...

No signature

Comment

Great Story and pics, Trevor. Thanks for sharing. Love the Cop/ticket story.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              Great Story and pics, Trevor. Thanks for sharing. Love the Cop/ticket story.
              Lol...thanks Rich...had a great time..it was great to realize I have not lost my love for riding since the accident.
              No signature

Comment

Excellent write-up, Trevor.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                  Excellent write-up, Trevor.
                  Thanks Dave
                  No signature

Comment

We had some fun with our Harley guy too...lol

Last edited by trevor; 06-18-2021, 10:58 AM.
                    No signature

Comment

Very nice photos!

Prep day, ferry ride, speeding ticket, pub day with some assistance to server who appreciated the gesture--lots of fun had during travel!

Thanks for sharing.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 06-19-2021, 01:45 PM.
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Some beautiful pics, Trevor, and lots of fun memories. I don't ride with any gang of friends anymore, but I have some good memories of "some" of the rides we used to do.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          Some beautiful pics, Trevor, and lots of fun memories. I don't ride with any gang of friends anymore, but I have some good memories of "some" of the rides we used to do.
                          Get your bum over to BC and I would be happy to show you around.
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Get your bum over to BC and I would be happy to show you around.
                            I gotta do that!
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Thought I would share some pics from yet another ride through BC...I have done three trips to the mainland this summer putting on a total of around 7000kms between my BMW and Suzuki.
                              As you have heard it's been fire season in BC
                              This is in Hope BC..famous for where they filmed Rambo
                              I always make this my first stop for gas.

Coming into Osoyoos

From my motel...it was hot

Same photo but at night

Toad Rock motorcycle campground outside Kaslo BC

Duffy Lake
                              Last edited by trevor; 08-05-2021, 10:53 PM.
                              No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X