Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Nerve

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,829

    Default Nerve

    Got into a cab today and the driver asks me to put on my mask. When I told him I didn't have one, he offered me one.

    "Have we met before?" I asked. "Aren't you the guy who told me last week that you would, under no circumstances, even consider getting vaccinated?" He nodded.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

    2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    MoN, AZ
    Posts
    18,278

    Default

    I don't see how offering a mask (per a likely company mandate) contradicts an anti-vax ideology-unless it is a stupid reason that the mask was offered.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

    2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    I don't see how offering a mask (per a likely company mandate) contradicts an anti-vax ideology-unless it is a stupid reason that the mask was offered.
    I did my part - got my last Moderna booster shot 8 weeks ago. He said he doesn't need the vax - J.C. will protect him.

    He didn't just offer, as though I had asked him for one, he told me to put one on. So I did my part, he wouldn't do his part; wouldn't even consider it. He's not contradicting anti-vax, he's flying that flag proudly.

    "Could you please wear a mask to protect me since I won't get the vax?"

    "Uh, no."

    He told me where he lives - the area that hovers at 21% vax rate.

    When he told me about his protector last week, I said "God helps those who help themselves." And that J.C. was very busy, "isn't this something you can take care of on your own, without bothering him?"

    Ignorant fools.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

    2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    26,369

    Default

    I ran into J.C. downtown yesterday..... I told him to get lost... I'm working this side of the street ! ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    I ran into J.C. downtown yesterday..... I told him to get lost... I'm working this side of the street ! ......
    Vote for me and I'll set you free!
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

    2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    MoN, AZ
    Posts
    18,278

    Default

    If company policy is "customers wear a mask," he's not out of place offering you one.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

    2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Davis,CA.95616
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
    I did my part - got my last Moderna booster shot 8 weeks ago. He said he doesn't need the vax - J.C. will protect him.

    He didn't just offer, as though I had asked him for one, he told me to put one on. So I did my part, he wouldn't do his part; wouldn't even consider it. He's not contradicting anti-vax, he's flying that flag proudly.

    "Could you please wear a mask to protect me since I won't get the vax?"

    "Uh, no."

    He told me where he lives - the area that hovers at 21% vax rate.

    When he told me about his protector last week, I said "God helps those who help themselves." And that J.C. was very busy, "isn't this something you can take care of on your own, without bothering him?"

    Ignorant fools.

    That dude said "J.C. will protect him"... I'd like to see how that employee can protect others from himself as he could still be a carrier?;respect works both ways,imo.
    I had my vaccine,but when I walk into certain places of business,I comply with their ways.Then when I leave the place and walking alone to my vehicle I rip that mask off so I can breathe.We have a 108 degree heat-wave today.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    MoN, AZ
    Posts
    18,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grcamna2 View Post
    That dude said "J.C. will protect him"... I'd like to see how that employee can protect others from himself as he could still be a carrier?;respect works both ways,imo.
    I had my vaccine,but when I walk into certain places of business,I comply with their ways.Then when I leave the place and walking alone to my vehicle I rip that mask off so I can breathe.We have a 108 degree heat-wave today.
    108 is a cold front!
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

    2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,829

    Default

    Local supermarket has a sign out front, no problem. I put a mask on before I step through the door. But this clown, I recognized him from when we had our discussion (both masked) last week. I told him that we were a block away from Duane Reed (Walgreen's), no appointment, no waiting, and they got the good stuff (Moderna). I even offered to accompany him there. When I parted from his car last week, I asked if he would do me a favor and just think about it. "Absolutely not."

    So now, this week, I'm almost two months from my second shot, and more importantly, it was after Gov. Cuomo had opened up the state. Between the driver and me was the clear vinyl barrier we've all come to know and love. Had it of been anyone else, I wouldn't have said a peep. As it was, after a block or two I said, "O.K., give me a mask." But I won't make myself uncomfortable to protect him again.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

    2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    26,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    108 is a cold front!
    LOL.... I take it that it's a tad toasty down your way today ?
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •