Thread: Happy Father's Day

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Default Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there, no matter what type you are.

After getting a text message from Charmayne this morning, the wife messaged me (she and my younger daughter are working today) saying she would be working late and that my Father's Day gift was in the cabinet under the kitchen counter. Lo and Behold, I found this fantastic little piece of cookware that I have been looking for since I left home 32 years ago. Dad used to make them on some weekends using an old 5-egg pan he had. Sadly, I could only ever find the kind you use in the microwave and though it wasn't very important, I would comment on it occasionally. Anyone want to come over for breakfast? Keep in mind it may take awhile since it can only cook 2-eggs at a time.

Egg Poacher by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Happy Father's Day Cowboy!
    No signature

Happy Father’s Day to you, Cowboy and Trevor as well. Nice gift, Cowboy!

We had our 15+ year old carpet removed in 3 rooms yesterday and replaced with wood flooring. My wife has waited many years to be rid of the contractor grade carpet.

So today, I’m putting the felt material on the bottom of furniture and anything making contact with the floor. My wife has a lot of shoes and clothes.

Hope you Fathers out there get to spend quality time with family.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Happy Father's Day guys.

argonsagas is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there, no matter what type you are.

After getting a text message from Charmayne this morning, the wife messaged me (she and my younger daughter are working today) saying she would be working late and that my Father's Day gift was in the cabinet under the kitchen counter. Lo and Behold, I found this fantastic little piece of cookware that I have been looking for since I left home 32 years ago. Dad used to make them on some weekends using an old 5-egg pan he had. Sadly, I could only ever find the kind you use in the microwave and though it wasn't very important, I would comment on it occasionally. Anyone want to come over for breakfast? Keep in mind it may take awhile since it can only cook 2-eggs at a time.

Egg Poacher by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    Careful with that little device!!

Should the Queen of Hearts discover you have been poaching she is likely to call out
    " Off with his head".

Enjoy you new toy.
    "The only thing worse than ignorance is arrogance." AE

My boys, wife and mom took me out for brunch. I had someone else cook my poached eggs on my crabby eggs Benedict.
    Happy Fatherís Day all.

Baatfam is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

T'was a good Father's Day....

9:30 am - Formula One race from France
    12:00 pm - IndyCar racing from Road America
    2:20 pm - Cubs baseball (Cubs won)
    And after the game, a little Formula E and some Nascar silliness.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Eli69 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Site Supporter

We had the most average american father's day possible I think. Wife, kids and grand kids and I went to the beach then an amusement park then hot dogs and hamburgers at a park then ice cream then hugs all around and home. I usually hate that kind of stuff but this last year has made being in crowded places with people almost novel. It was actually kinda nice.

Hope you all had a good day.
    1986 yamaha fazer 700 - sold, finally
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...ature=youtu.be
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Quote Originally Posted by Baatfam View Post
    T'was a good Father's Day....

9:30 am - Formula One race from France
    12:00 pm - IndyCar racing from Road America
    2:20 pm - Cubs baseball (Cubs won)
    And after the game, a little Formula E and some Nascar silliness.
    Mine was about as Canadian of a Father's Day as could be...
    My son gave me a Canadian Tire gift card, new floor mats for my truck and led lighting around my Toronto Maple Leafs sign in my garage.
    Then I watched the US Open, then MotoGp and finished off with the Montreal/Vegas Hockey game.

No signature

You guys had a nice Sunday for Father’s Day!

As I was sorting our bedroom with felt tips on the furniture, my wife went to Safeway for a couple of grocery items we forgot on Saturday…she picked up a hot cappuccino & blueberry muffins for me…my work was appreciated!

Later, we had take-out from La Hacienda, our local Mexican food restaurant. I love “carne asada” with rice & beans so my dinner requirements were met.

What I like about June is the beginning of Summer plus I celebrate my birthday one week from Summer Solstice! Woohoo!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.