X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got your pm.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by mrhedges View Post
      It was found abandoned by a friend of a friend.
      One of your "friends" stole your bike. You probably already know who. Break their arms.

Comment

So I got a shop space! A maker space for $125 a month! So I started digging into the bike. Rewired a new ignition so now you can start the bike with a key, instead of a sketchy switch. Replaced The brake master. Gonna dig into the carbs next. I think I might have to replace one of the float bowls as the screw drain plug seems stripped.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

I got it running. Needs fork seals but starts and runs super easily. kinda shocking to ride around after spending the last year on a '86 connie.
          1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Decided to give ya'll an update. This is how it's looking now. I put on a custom sissy bar. I actually took a welding class at this maker space and built it myself (with some help) Its still pretty rough but runs down the road.
            1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

That's great. It's quite unusual for someone to be gone then pick up their thread over a year later with an update. Glad to see you're getting things sorted. I now recall Roger's post linked above in this thread. Didn't realize this was you when I replied to your other post about your clutch cover seal a bit ago.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                That's great. It's quite unusual for someone to be gone then pick up their thread over a year later with an update. Glad to see you're getting things sorted. I now recall Roger's post linked above in this thread. Didn't realize this was you when I replied to your other post about your clutch cover seal a bit ago.
                Yea I realized I hadn't updating this post but I thought maybe someone was curious with what happened. Still a fun bike and I think it will be sorted out soon
                1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Yea I realized I hadn't updating this post but I thought maybe someone was curious with what happened. Still a fun bike and I think it will be sorted out soon
                  I've been curious. Glad you updated the thread. Glad to hear you're enjoying it on the road again!
                  - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                  - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

So I got a shop space! A maker space for $125 a month! So I started digging into the bike. Rewired a new ignition so now you can start the bike with a key, instead of a sketchy switch. Replaced The brake master. Gonna dig into the carbs next. I think I might have to replace one of the float bowls as the screw drain plug seems stripped.
                    Just Heli-Coil the drain bot, but try a longer bolt first, those threads go really far up there. I thought one of mine was stripped, and a longer drain bolt allowed me to tighten it right up. I ended up doing it to the rest of the carbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X