Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My truck has a

Default My truck has a

hyper flash turn signal dilemma.

It's a 2012 Ford F-150 that was working fine until the Brown County Rally. Got ready to load the bike up and realized when using the right side turn signal, it was hyper flashing. You remember the days when a signal light flashed rapidly it meant that one bulb or the other had blown.

Not the case with this truck. I switched both rear light bulbs hoping the problem would move over to the opposite side. Nope, didn't happen.
    It also has a tiny little micro blade fuse for the right side as well as the left side signals. Swapped them out and still had the same issue.

When I use the 4 way flashers, everything works as it should except for the right side rear. Using the remote opener on the key, the right side flashes when I lock the truck, but when I unlock it, it doesn't work. Frustrating!!!!!

I looked at the F-150 forum and got two different answers. One said it is the Body Control Module (BCM) and the other said it is the Smart Junction Box. I could take it to the dealership but I don't want to drop $300 -- $800 on a stupid hyper flashing turn signal.

Now for the dilemma. Either pay to have it fixed or live with it. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you guys or gals would have some worthwhile suggestions you could share with me.

TIA
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.

Bad bulb socket causing the BCM to get wonky? I'm seeing that is a common problem for your year and model. You may need to do a bit more digging, and the BCM will need to be reset.

Also read that there are two bulbs per signal in the rear, and that people find success changing both (even when one looks good).
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

I will try changing the bulb sockets from side to side tomorrow. How does one reset the BCM?
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Redman is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Ford technical question. . . . .

Calling Mr Dale Rusty Bronco...
    Calling Mr Dale Rusty Bronco...

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.

Does the dash indicator and audible tone flash fast as well as the signal lights or does the indictor flash fast and actual signals flash at normal speed? Is the external bulb malfunction indicator on the dash illuminated? There is reason for this questions from an issue I had with a Ford minivan.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

rphillips is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

On page 3659 of the owners manual, down toward the bottom of the page it says, expect & accept the wonky stuff, while driving a FORD. They are just that way...
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

I have a story about a special ford once I get a call from them letting me know what happened, will be a different post. All I can say is I'm a fan of oldtech and anything new implemented into an automobile is something to question.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XV750

Got a twin

Quote Originally Posted by alke46 View Post
    I will try changing the bulb sockets from side to side tomorrow. How does one reset the BCM?
    https://www.amazon.com/FORScan-Compa...24874117&psc=1
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

I purchased from Amazon a OBDII ELM 327 device but it wouldn't make the final connection with my android phone. I'm referring to the Bluetooth connection. It did everything but the final connection step.

Took the truck to AutoZone and the guy there used his personal, higher quality OBDII scanner and he couldn't get a code for resetting the flasher. But, I had not checked out the possibility of a faulty socket at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Does the dash indicator and audible tone flash fast as well as the signal lights or does the indictor flash fast and actual signals flash at normal speed? Is the external bulb malfunction indicator on the dash illuminated? There is reason for this questions from an issue I had with a Ford minivan.
    Edit:. The dash indicator and audible tone does flash just like the signals. There's no malfunction indicator lighted on the dash.
    Last edited by alke46; 06-24-2021 at 09:39 AM.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Ok. Different problem than I had.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/