Stator going bad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator going bad....

Well it passes all tests except for continuity to ground. going on 10yrs since I replaced. who are we going with these days for new ones? back then i sent my old one to someone here for rewrapping...
    -Mark
    Boston, MA
    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
    sigpic
    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Rick’s
    Electrosport (mine)
    Caltric

…are three of the top mentions in the last few years, I believe. I don’t know that anyone’s produced demonstrable test results to prove that one is better than the other. The only one that I can think of that may have done something like that would be Nessism. If he has, I missed it.

Best to keep your connections and grounds corrosion-free to avoid buildup of resistance/heat that causes stator death. And make sure your oil level is correct. And use a series type RR SH775.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-25-2021, 12:18 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks, I replaced the RR with an SSH about the same time. it hasnt failed me, other than the time I didnt connect the stator wires.. lets not talk about that...
      -Mark
      Boston, MA
      Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
      sigpic
      1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Caltric will be the least expensive and on this forum isn't that what it's all about?

Just kidding of course but I just put a Caltric on mine a few weeks ago.

Edit:. Only $38 and change but it took over a week to get here. I went straight to the website but you can also get them from other online sellers.
        Last edited by alke46; 06-25-2021, 01:11 PM.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
        X