No announcement yet.

My 83' GS750ES has been delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not so much the jets and that are the problem when dipping carbs without dismantling............its the rubber that gets damaged. Mainly the throttle shaft seals so the carbs need to be completely dismantled if dipping...........
    82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
    Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
    Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
    Albums

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post
      Its not so much the jets and that are the problem when dipping carbs without dismantling............its the rubber that gets damaged. Mainly the throttle shaft seals so the carbs need to be completely dismantled if dipping...........

Hi,thanks.I appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
        You can lead a horse to water, ...

You must be getting dehydrated in the doghouse;make sure you ask your master for some fresh water soon.

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
          I have used a "bristle" from a wire brush for clogs and with a little help from a can of oil spray equipped with a long plastic "nozzle" it poked and blew its its way through easily.
          Yep, that's the generally approved way after dipping. I use ultrasonic instead of 24 hr dipping but can't swear it's as good.
          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
          1983 GS 1100 G
          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Is there still no pictures of this bike??
            No signature

Comment

Pictures on post # 23, 24, & 25. Pictures look good
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Well,Ok,
                I've been 'on hold' as my main focus has been to locate parts,specifically an OEM stock exhaust system for my 750ES.
                I've been scouring the sites and just yesterday I found the needed pipes on Ebay:I had to order them from 2 separate sellers,one from AL. and the other from Kenosha,WI.I expect it'll be about a week before they come in which will give me a bit more time to do a few things in the early morning(7-10:30AM)hours when it's cooler outside;I just need to get to sleep early enough to overcome this serious sleep deprivation I've had ever since I've lived on the top floor,on the corner of this very busy commercial section of Davis.I'm more of a 'night owl' but I'll need to change that because the traffic is Very Loud.

The #2/#3 center pipe section has a very(almost rusted all the way through)rusty lower balance connector down the bottom and will need to be brought over to the 'old time' welder I just found in the last few months.I hope he's able to 'shore it up' sufficiently so I'm good to go for the life of the bike.
                Last edited by grcamna2; 08-11-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
                  Well,Ok,
                  I've been 'on hold' as my main focus has been to locate parts,specifically an OEM stock exhaust system for my 750ES.
                  I've been scouring the sites and just yesterday I found the needed pipes on Ebay:I had to order them from 2 separate sellers,one from AL. and the other from Kenosha,WI.I expect it'll be about a week before they come in which will give me a bit more time to do a few things in the early morning(7-10:30AM)hours when it's cooler outside;I just need to get to sleep early enough to overcome this serious sleep deprivation I've had ever since I've lived on the top floor,on the corner of this very busy commercial section of Davis.I'm more of a 'night owl' but I'll need to change that because the traffic is Very Loud.

The #2/#3 center pipe section has a very(almost rusted all the way through)rusty lower balance connector down the bottom and will need to be brought over to the 'old time' welder I just found in the last few months.I hope he's able to 'shore it up' sufficiently so I'm good to go for the life of the bike.
                  Not getting sleep sucks...do you work shift work?
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Not getting sleep sucks...do you work shift work?

No,I just like staying up late,it's a habit from the past,plus eating too late in the evening then staring at the computer into the night.I'm going to need to start some new habits: #1 getting to sleep earlier.
                    My entire week works better for me when I get more than 4-5hrs. sleep in consecutive nights..
                    Last edited by grcamna2; 08-11-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

No,I just like staying up late,it's a habit from the past,plus eating too late in the evening then staring at the computer into the night.I'm going to need to start some new habits: #1 getting to sleep earlier.
                      My entire week works better for me when I get more than 4-5hrs. sleep in consecutive nights..
                      Wow...what time do you have to get up for work?
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Wow...what time do you have to get up for work?

This seems to me like we have a misunderstanding.
                        I was speaking about sleep deprivation and you're speaking about work.

Trevor,what is your work ?

Comment

This seems to me like we have a misunderstanding.
                          I was speaking about sleep deprivation and you're speaking about work.

Trevor,what is your work ?
                          I think he details motorcycles... read "My New Gig" 😉
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                            I think he details motorcycles... read "My New Gig" 
                            Lol....yes...it's my new part time job on top of my full time job...motorcycles are expensive.
                            No signature

Comment

Trevor,I took a look at your thread and noticed the bikes.

Comment

Trevor,I took a look at your thread and noticed the bikes.
                                Ohhhh...kaaaaayyy.....
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X