No announcement yet.

Tips on installing Pingel please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naw radek, I'd just not heard of the GS fuel cocks not opening completely, they usually get rebuilt or replaced because they won't shut off completely. Hope this install is reasonably simple & corrects your problem.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      Naw radek, I'd just not heard of the GS fuel cocks not opening completely, they usually get rebuilt or replaced because they won't shut off completely. Hope this install is reasonably simple & corrects your problem.
      Mine won't start on PRI fuel tap setting for about 10-15 tries, then goes rodeo mode when I ride it. Really hope this will address the issue, riding season ain't long in Ontario.
      1980 GS1100E

Comment

I bought the dual outlet for mine, but the setup is the same otherwise. I wasn't happy with the centered adaptor & bought the offset adaptor to suit my application.

I also had to file the tank opening to fit the screen inside the tank opening. I thought about rinsing the tank also, but my (smartassed) wife says
        Why don't you just hold the file backwards & drag the metal filings out?
        Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
        Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
          I bought the dual outlet for mine, but the setup is the same otherwise. I wasn't happy with the centered adaptor & bought the offset adaptor to suit my application.

I also had to file the tank opening to fit the screen inside the tank opening. I thought about rinsing the tank also, but my (smartassed) wife says

Giving it a go tomorrow, really hope I won't need another adaptor Will file it out for sure, thanks for the tips!
          1980 GS1100E

Comment

Update on the Pingel fuel tap install - tap screen did not require filing to the tank opening. Went in smooth, entire procedure took much less than expected. It looks awesome, I might however have a small leak from the gasket so likely reinstall with sealant very soon. That fuel valve has a very heavy flow, when turned on with engine not running fuel drips from the carbs in seconds - haven't tested it running yet, hope it won't leak then. I totally get the "turn it off quarter mile before your destination" comment now. Thanks all for your help! Cheers!
            Last edited by radek22; 07-17-2021, 12:31 AM.
            1980 GS1100E

Comment

Hi Radek, I installed a dual outlet with reserve on my 83 1100e a couple of years ago and I really like it. Had to file the tank a little ( downwards). I shut off the petcock when I shut off the engine not when I am still riding the bike. A petcock is digital in operation either on or off nothing in between. Unless the fuel was left on when the engine was shut off any leaking from the carbs can be blamed on the carbs. I hope this clarifies the situation.
              1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Originally posted by radek22 View Post
                Got the Pingel 6211-CH single outlet & adapter coming for my 1980 GS1100E. Please let me know your experiences with installing it, as I'm a total noob.

1. Looks like I will need to enlarge the opening in the tank to fit Pingel in. Do I use Dremel tool or a file or other?

2. How do I clean out inside of the tank afterwards, just flush some fuel through it?

3. What to do with the vacuum hose, block it off at the top end or take it off & somehow block vacuum at the carbs?

Cheers and thank you!
                A Dremel and sparks don't mix well with gasoline vapors..Just saying...A file sounds safer if needed..
                sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                  Hi Radek, I installed a dual outlet with reserve on my 83 1100e a couple of years ago and I really like it. Had to file the tank a little ( downwards). I shut off the petcock when I shut off the engine not when I am still riding the bike. A petcock is digital in operation either on or off nothing in between. Unless the fuel was left on when the engine was shut off any leaking from the carbs can be blamed on the carbs. I hope this clarifies the situation.
                  Hey Chris, mine is a single outlet without vacuum line, maybe a bit more inconvenient with the necessity for shut off but I'm pretty sure I'll just get used to it.
                  1980 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by gs11ezrydr View Post
                    A Dremel and sparks don't mix well with gasoline vapors..Just saying...A file sounds safer if needed..
                    Yeah, I thought the same and was going to file it, but it installed without enlarging the opening.
                    1980 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by radek22 View Post
                      Hey Chris, mine is a single outlet without vacuum line, maybe a bit more inconvenient with the necessity for shut off but I'm pretty sure I'll just get used to it.
                      Dual outlet is still manual, you have to shut it off when engine is not running.
                      1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Working...
                      X