Where can I get the correct fuel line? 83' GS750ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get the correct fuel line? 83' GS750ES

The Suzuki online parts fiche says it's part# 09352-70103-00B and they call it "Breather Hose" but it is meant to be used for 'fuel hose'.I'm sure it's the exact size I need.Do you know of another online source for this size ?

Motion pro has 7mm line. you can also search 7MM FUEL LINEon ebay

7MM INSIDE DIAMETER IS NEEDED
    Last edited by chuck hahn; 06-25-2021, 09:48 PM.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

High quality grey fuel line. Made with NBR+PVC blend for ozone, fuel and abrasion resistance while maintaining excellent extrusion characteristics. An order of quantity one will get you 3 feet of fuel line.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

It's not hard to order from any of the online parts suppliers.

I know the price seems to be awfully expensive for you, but you get about 6 feet of hose for that price.
        If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

7MM i.d. Ok,I want to go with that.I appreciate it fellows.

Comment

I'd go with something that's guaranteed to be newer and not New Old Stock.
            I bought some NOS Suzuki fuel hose and it fell apart within a year. Not a counterfeit, as far as I know, just old stuff that had degraded at the back of a bike shop somewhere before being punted out on ebay. It came in the proper bag with ID part numbers, etc, and certainly behaved like the real thing at first, right up until it split lengthwise. I'm just glad it happened during a normal inspection and not out on the road.
            Apart from degradation from age, I suspect the OEM hose wasn't resistant to modern fuels. That hose I bought could have been 30 years old.
            The Niche Cycle hose looks good to me, but my next fuel hose purchase will be Tygon from Aircraft Spruce - you can be sure of what you're getting from them.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Apparently 7mm is the same size used in some BMW cars .... I have an 83 as well and just popped by a dealership to pick up some from a giant spool they had..... Can't remember what the cost was but it wasn't more than a few dollars .....
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                I'd go with something that's guaranteed to be newer and not New Old Stock.
                I bought some NOS Suzuki fuel hose and it fell apart within a year. Not a counterfeit, as far as I know, just old stuff that had degraded at the back of a bike shop somewhere before being punted out on ebay. It came in the proper bag with ID part numbers, etc, and certainly behaved like the real thing at first, right up until it split lengthwise. I'm just glad it happened during a normal inspection and not out on the road.
                Apart from degradation from age, I suspect the OEM hose wasn't resistant to modern fuels. That hose I bought could have been 30 years old.
                The Niche Cycle hose looks good to me, but my next fuel hose purchase will be Tygon from Aircraft Spruce - you can be sure of what you're getting from them.
                Sounds like a UK issue. In the USA the stock turns over much faster.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  Apparently 7mm is the same size used in some BMW cars .... I have an 83 as well and just popped by a dealership to pick up some from a giant spool they had..... Can't remember what the cost was but it wasn't more than a few dollars .....

I do have some original BMW airhead fabric covered fuel line from when I work on the 70's R-bikes;I'm going to take the petcock with me to storage,see how that line fits over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    Sounds like a UK issue. In the USA the stock turns over much faster.
                    It came from a US supplier.
                    The seller was unloading a lot of Zuk, Kaw and Yam stuff at the time, I suspected he was buying up NOS from dead dealers.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I bought oem Suzuki stuff and it was good and they gave me enough to do probably 3 bikes.
                      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                        they gave me enough to do probably 3 bikes.
                        I went to dealers row down here in Lakeville. Leos south - only had 6mm. MotoPrimo - none. HD - we don't do metric. I couldn't find it at Dennis Kirk either.

Wanna share ?
                        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Just get it from Parts Outlaw.
                          sigpic
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                            Motion pro has 7mm line. you can also search 7MM FUEL LINEon ebay

7MM INSIDE DIAMETER IS NEEDED
                            Is 7MM ID what I need for my 1981 GS750E as well? OEM is listed as HOSE, FUEL (L:250->L:210), Part No. 09343-07026

Thanks!

Comment

McMaster-Carr is another good source:

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.
                              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                              X