Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get the correct fuel line? 83' GS750ES

Default Where can I get the correct fuel line? 83' GS750ES

The Suzuki online parts fiche says it's part# 09352-70103-00B and they call it "Breather Hose" but it is meant to be used for 'fuel hose'.I'm sure it's the exact size I need.Do you know of another online source for this size ?

Motion pro has 7mm line. you can also search 7MM FUEL LINEon ebay

7MM INSIDE DIAMETER IS NEEDED
    Last edited by chuck hahn; 06-25-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

It's not hard to order from any of the online parts suppliers.

I know the price seems to be awfully expensive for you, but you get about 6 feet of hose for that price.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

7MM i.d. Ok,I want to go with that.I appreciate it fellows.

I'd go with something that's guaranteed to be newer and not New Old Stock.
    I bought some NOS Suzuki fuel hose and it fell apart within a year. Not a counterfeit, as far as I know, just old stuff that had degraded at the back of a bike shop somewhere before being punted out on ebay. It came in the proper bag with ID part numbers, etc, and certainly behaved like the real thing at first, right up until it split lengthwise. I'm just glad it happened during a normal inspection and not out on the road.
    Apart from degradation from age, I suspect the OEM hose wasn't resistant to modern fuels. That hose I bought could have been 30 years old.
    The Niche Cycle hose looks good to me, but my next fuel hose purchase will be Tygon from Aircraft Spruce - you can be sure of what you're getting from them.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Apparently 7mm is the same size used in some BMW cars .... I have an 83 as well and just popped by a dealership to pick up some from a giant spool they had..... Can't remember what the cost was but it wasn't more than a few dollars .....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Nessism is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Grimly View Post
    I'd go with something that's guaranteed to be newer and not New Old Stock.
    I bought some NOS Suzuki fuel hose and it fell apart within a year. Not a counterfeit, as far as I know, just old stuff that had degraded at the back of a bike shop somewhere before being punted out on ebay. It came in the proper bag with ID part numbers, etc, and certainly behaved like the real thing at first, right up until it split lengthwise. I'm just glad it happened during a normal inspection and not out on the road.
    Apart from degradation from age, I suspect the OEM hose wasn't resistant to modern fuels. That hose I bought could have been 30 years old.
    The Niche Cycle hose looks good to me, but my next fuel hose purchase will be Tygon from Aircraft Spruce - you can be sure of what you're getting from them.
    Sounds like a UK issue. In the USA the stock turns over much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    Apparently 7mm is the same size used in some BMW cars .... I have an 83 as well and just popped by a dealership to pick up some from a giant spool they had..... Can't remember what the cost was but it wasn't more than a few dollars .....

I do have some original BMW airhead fabric covered fuel line from when I work on the 70's R-bikes;I'm going to take the petcock with me to storage,see how that line fits over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    Sounds like a UK issue. In the USA the stock turns over much faster.
    It came from a US supplier.
    The seller was unloading a lot of Zuk, Kaw and Yam stuff at the time, I suspected he was buying up NOS from dead dealers.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window