Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Getting A Tad Toasty !

Canada just broke a record yesterday. They may do it again today as well. The highest temperature ever recorded anywhere in the entire country -- ever -- 116°.

That's Death Valley kind of heat, not Canada -- until now!

But I'm sure they'll still be pumping up lots of goop from the Athabasca oil sand pits in Alberta, anyway. And selling lots of air conditioners. "Damn the torpedoes..........."
    '77 GS550B
    '78 GS550C

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    Canada just broke a record yesterday. They may do it again today as well. The highest temperature ever recorded anywhere in the entire country -- ever -- 116°.

But I'm sure they'll still be pumping up lots of goop from the Athabasca oil sand pits in Alberta, anyway. And selling lots of air conditioners. "Damn the torpedoes..........."
    It broke a record from 1937....now I'm climate change denier....but imo when it was this hot 84 years ago...well....lol
    https://www.cheknews.ca/temperature-...n-1937-828615/

VANCOUVER — The temperature in a village in British Columbia’s southern Interior reached a scorching 46.1 C this afternoon, marking a new all-time high recorded in Canada.
    The reading from Environment Canada in Lytton showed the mercury surpassed the previous record of 45 C set in Saskatchewan in 1937.
    No signature

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    It broke a record from 1937....now I'm climate change denier....but imo when it was this hot 84 years ago...well....lol
    https://www.cheknews.ca/temperature-...n-1937-828615/

VANCOUVER — The temperature in a village in British Columbia’s southern Interior reached a scorching 46.1 C this afternoon, marking a new all-time high recorded in Canada.
    The reading from Environment Canada in Lytton showed the mercury surpassed the previous record of 45 C set in Saskatchewan in 1937.
    46 in a stevensons screen or equivalent wow.
    But I remember as a kid thermos readin 110f in summer.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

It's one thing to hit a record on one day. It's a different story to hit records day after day.

Last year Denver broke a high temperature record -- but not for one day. It was the first summer ever to have 75 days above 90°.

Just ONE reason why it was the most disastrous fire season in the entire West, and why all of the reservoirs are drying up.

We've had hot dry spells before, but nothin' like this!!!
    '77 GS550B
    '78 GS550C

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post

It's called climate change, but wait, we're being told climate change isn't happening and greenhouse effect is imagination. Yeah, right.
    I went to the grocery store and there was a sign at the door. It said no food or drinks inside.
    ........So I went home.

We set a record Saturday, broke it Sunday and may break that today. 108, 112 and ? So far
    Temps to drop more than 20 degrees tomorrow
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    You live in New York and never heard of Hazel Henderson?
    I used to watch her show, but I much preferred her work in The Matchmaker.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
    I used to watch her show, but I much preferred her work in The Matchmaker.
    Public service announcement: Always wear your helmet, folks.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by earlfor View Post
    An average summer day for me. LOL
    yeah it's relative to what you're used to. I grew up with winter temperatures that would dip to -40 and colder, life went on without interruption even my 2.5 mile walk to school. You learn to adapt, life doesn't stop because the temperature becomes uncomfortable or even deadly.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    life doesn't stop because the temperature becomes uncomfortable or even deadly.
    Tell that to all the dead people. That's like saying we will adapt to Covid-19. Of course we will -- the ones that don't die, that is! 650,000+, and counting.

Heat stroke is the #1 weather-related killer.
    Last edited by xkaes; 06-28-2021 at 08:24 PM.
    '77 GS550B
    '78 GS550C