MF Replacement Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
    Likewise, I used to trust Yuasa, but the last two I've had have been no great shakes.
    Used to be I'd get five or six years out of a Yuasa, but in recent times only got two years or so.
    I've been using Motobatt in two bikes for the past four or so years, with no complaints so far.
    Thanks not sure about Motobatt here in the states, But I will surely check....Yuasa is made in Pennsylvania anymore..I agree not the same batteries that came from Japan..
    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Originally posted by hank2 View Post
      I am quite partial to the US-made Deka battery, sold under a zillion stupid brand names. Look for the distinctive light gray case and the weird chunky lead terminals.

For example, "Big Crank" brand ETX15L
      Check out the deal on USA-Made Big Crank™ ETX15L Battery at BatteryMart.com

Great battery, one of the dumbest imaginable brand names. Oh well. There's one in my KLR, but at least you can't see the sticker.

BatteryMart is a fantastic supplier. This battery also appears at auto parts store chains with different stickers (it appears to be sold at Autozone right now wearing a "Duralast" sticker); look for the distinctive features, and do not accept cheap Chinese AGM substitutes.

MotoBatt batteries are also fantastic, next-level batteries:
      Check out the deal on Motobatt MBTX14AU 12V 16.5Ah AGM Battery at BatteryMart.com

I've dealt with too many defective Yuasa batteries to trust that brand. YMMV; some people think they're great because they're expensive or something.

I've also had great luck with 3 or 4 relabeled Deka AGM batteries sold as Big Crank by Batttery Mart. The price has gone up dramatically in the past couple of years, but what hasn't? The posts have mount holes top and side, so with some extra bolts you can use both.

I would add Exide to the avoid list if they still make bike batteries.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info,, Interesting and educational.I once purchased a Deka battery for a Honda that had a Deka sticker stuck over the original Yuasa printed on the batt...Wierd..
      sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Working...
      X