81 GS650G- Help Needed with Decal Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS650G- Help Needed with Decal Details

I am in the process of restoring a 1981 GS650G (non Katana) and have been working with Brian Dallner of BDesigns.ca who replicates decals for any vintage bike. The 81 was one bike that he did not have in his design book. Since he is only 45 minutes from me, I dropped of my tank, rear tail and side panels that had the original decals in good enough shape for him to replicate the size and color. Unfortunately my bike must have had a replacement front fender as there were no decals on it. I managed to find some pictures on the internet for him of the decals however he needs some additional details to accurately replicate them. Also looking for a picture and size of the VIN sticker to replicate as mine was missing.

If there is someone that has an 81 (the deigns were different on the 82+ models) and is willing to do a couple of quick measurements on the decals it will get 81 owners a complete set of decals to order. What Brian needs is the following:

1. Decal overlap. Picture of where the decal overlaps on the fender. It is not one complete decal but most likely made up of 2 or 3 sections. He wants to replicate the exact position.
    2. Width of the gold stripe in three positions. Near the bottom before it goes into the loop, the top of the fender and then the front before it goes into the loop. Should be about 3mm but want to confirm
    3. Overall width of the gold and red stripes together (ie. from edge of gold to opposite edge of red) in the same three points about. Should be 10mm but want to confirm.
    4. For the VIN sticker, picture of the VIN sticker and the size of it. Just need the information categories so he can replicate it. You can blank out the VIN number.

Below is what the fender should look like. The base color of the fender is not important.

Would really appreciate any help that can be provided.

1980 Honda CB750C fully restored
    1981 Suzuki GS650G restoration in progress
    1982 Kawasaki KZ750 fully restored
    1984 Yamaha XS650 “Bella” fully restored (Sold)
    2009 Kawasaki KLR (Sold)
    2010 Suzuki DL650 VStrom (Daily rider)
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio (Sold)

Anybody???
    1980 Honda CB750C fully restored
    1981 Suzuki GS650G restoration in progress
    1982 Kawasaki KZ750 fully restored
    1984 Yamaha XS650 “Bella” fully restored (Sold)
    2009 Kawasaki KLR (Sold)
    2010 Suzuki DL650 VStrom (Daily rider)
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio (Sold)

Comment

Working...
    X