X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Plate Woes

Hello

Bike: Blue 83 1100e

I need to source a new throttle plate for one of the carbs. I damaged it beyond repair while removing it. According to shop manual this is a BS34. The throttle plate has a "130" stamped on it. Ive posted about this before and several of you have graciously tried to help, but to no avail. I bought one off ebay that had 130 stamped on it, but it was too small. Ive also ran across someone selling a stack from an 83 1100e, but upon further review i see that these have a "135" stamped on them.

Can anyone offer a guide to understanding what the "130/135/140" stamp means? Since it appears that there may have been several different throttle plates, am i looking for a specific carb model # that will have a 130?

Also, can anyone offer any guidance on where to source the correct throttle plate? Am i just going to have bite the bullet and buy a new, rebuilt stack? Im so f'king *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed as myself for trying to remove this. In hind sight, this was totally unnecessary.

Best Regards,

Darrell
    Darrell
    1983 GS1100ED (red) / 1983 GS1100ED (blue)

I have an idea that the 130 number refers to the angle of the chamfer of the plate where it meets the carb body. The throttle plates are fully closed but not at a vertical position, so the chamfer goes against the carb body at about 5 degrees angle.

They do come up on eBay from time to time viz:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133760413...QAAOSwbytgnnro

but you need to make sure they are from a similar banks of carbs to yours.

Best bet is to ask someone on here is they have a spare. Like many people, I do have some broken up spare set of carbs, so I would be happy to send you a throttle butterfly, but we would need to know the dimensions of the part in order to help you.
    Richard
    sigpic
    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
    X