No announcement yet.

1980 gs550e pod filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that the bike is missing the intake to carb box breather hose, would that impact it not idling?

Comment

Also, besides the vacuum to the petcock do these cv bs32 carbs have another vacuum I might be missing? I see the two drain hoses.

Comment

No, and No and No.

There is a hose on top of the valve cover that should connect to the airbox. It’s absence will not affect running other than possibly a bit of extra air getting into the airbox. If running pods. The valve cover breather could have a tube connected to a small pod type filter or oil catch can of a sort so the oil vapor doesn’t drip into the carbs or top of engine case, making a mess.

There is only one FUEL vacuum line from the smaller nipple on the petcock to the nipple on the front of carb body #2.

The carbs don’t have drain hoses. They have two vent hoses that should be attaches to the ports between carbs 1&2 and between carbs 3&4. See BikeCliffs Website for CV carb cleaning tutorial. But here is the proper hose connections. The second vent hose connection between 3&4 is not shown in the pic.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-22-2021, 05:41 AM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

K&N RC2382 dual lunchbox filters and DYNOJET STAGE 3 if you put a 4-1 and remove the air box all together. Do it now and have peace of mind. I was stalling and stalling on pulling the trigger but it’s totally worth it. Cleaner look, carbs that function properly without guessing what jets to buy. See my latest thread I have all the info of the setup and installation there
          GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            No, and No and No.

There is a hose on top of the valve cover that should connect to the airbox. It’s absence will not affect running other than possibly a bit of extra air getting into the airbox. If running pods. The valve cover breather could have a tube connected to a small pod type filter or oil catch can of a sort so the oil vapor doesn’t drip into the carbs or top of engine case, making a mess.

There is only one FUEL vacuum line from the smaller nipple on the petcock to the nipple on the front of carb body #2.

The carbs don’t have drain hoses. They have two vent hoses that should be attaches to the ports between carbs 1&2 and between carbs 3&4. See BikeCliffs Website for CV carb cleaning tutorial. But here is the proper hose connections. The second vent hose connection between 3&4 is not shown in the pic.

thanks for the pic! Got the manual and will get to the valves when time permits. Is 120 psi ok on this motor? Maybe it will change once the valves are in spec. Thx.

Comment

From what I understand 120 psi on all 4 is A-OK.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                From what I understand 120 psi on all 4 is A-OK.
                Thanks, that what I was concerned about. The bike is in pretty good shape and would make a nice ride, so worth the time to sort out everything (mostly won’t idle) and get in on the road for a few trips this summer!

Comment

Working...
                X