Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for rearsets for GS1100? Anyone make a reasonable bolt-on set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for rearsets for GS1100? Anyone make a reasonable bolt-on set?

My new 81 GS1100E came with a cafe style seat and clubman bars, but the stock foot peg/control locations. It's actually surprisngly nice as-is, but for a little better body position and the right look I'm debating running rearsets. Does anyone make a decent quality bolt-on set specifically for the 1100? Or am I struck with adapting a "universal" set, pr piecing together from newer factory bits with some custom work? Any advice appreciated.

Tarozzi from Fastfromthepast are pricey but top quality.
    Tarozzi rearsets clip-ons pistons fork brace sprocket steering damper JL Exhaust Wossner Zeeltronic NHK Jim Lomas fork tube motorcycle ignition zeeltronic
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Tarozzi from Fastfromthepast are pricey but top quality.
      https://www.fastfromthepast.com/rearsets
      Those look awesome, but most of the listings are for euro spec models. E-mailed to inquire if they carried a set for my bike, or could shed any light on cross-compatibility, but the owner responded and was less than helpful. I suspect the version for the 1980 GSX1100 would work? I think thats what they called the GS1100E outside the US? And I don't think there are any significant differences between the 1980 and 81 model years?

Comment

Yes the GS designation was retained for North America when they started making the four valve engines.
        GSX in other markets.

According to the parts schematics the '80 and '81 footpeg holders are the same part number so i suspect they would be compatible.
        I would check back with Fast on their return policies if there is an issue before ordering.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ooohhh… I want a set for my 77 GS750. Has anyone ordered from there before?
          1977 Suzuki GS750
          1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Bought a fork brace from them five? years ago.
            Clean easy transaction.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I bought a set for my ''77 gs750 from them. There was 1 tiny little rod end missing from the package, I contacted them and they had it right out to me. Good quality, work great. Not cheap though...
              1978 GS750E (barn find and current project)
              1997 Electra Glide
              1983 Goldwing

Comment

I've got a set on my 82. Built well and easy to install. About the only small improvement I'd make is the shift peg diameter is larger than I care for.
                1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Tarozzi all the way. The ones on my S model bolted right on in about 15 minutes w/o any modifications and have performed flawlessly for almost 11 years now. $300 at the time, but worth it for the quality.
                  1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I put Raask rearsets on my GS11es years ago and have found them to be very durable and suitable for me. I've never tried the Tarozzi brand

fs35.jpg
                    Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
                    Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Working...
                    X