Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do they make some type of block-off plates for anti-dive GS750ES ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
    But unless you want to spend that kind of cash and really want them to look less cluttered, a banjo or properly threaded alternative works, I did my GS1100E with a banjo, and it's fine
    +1. I just blocked mine off with a spare banjo bolt and went to a two line system.

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
      What diameter aluminum plate do you recommend for me to use to make my own ?
      ?? pay the $125 ! 😂
      1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

The units that oldGSfan linked seem designed to allow fork oil to flow freely between the two ports in the fork leg and they use the o-ring seals like the factory has;I would think it's the best option even though they're expensive.

Comment

The units that oldGSfan linked seem designed to allow fork oil to flow freely between the two ports in the fork leg and they use the o-ring seals like the factory has;I would think it's the best option even though they're expensive.
          My mod does exactly the same thing. Except it only costs a few dollars.

But hey, it's your cash, enjoy!
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            My mod does exactly the same thing. Except it only costs a few dollars.

But hey, it's your cash, enjoy!

Bob,What do you use to seal the plate ? Do you use the same factory o-rings ?

Comment

Bob,What do you use to seal the plate ? Do you use the same factory o-rings ?
              LOL...

I don't use a plate. I use the original anti-dive units. They use the factory O-rings. They let the oil move. I just don't use the lines. I plug the holes with $1.00 body plugs from Ace Hardware, and a spritz of silver paint. Done.

Reference posts #4, #7, and #16

Now call me crazy, but I would put that $125 towards all the parts you will need to actually get the bike on the road.
              After I did that, I might think about fancy do-dads...
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Yeah don't buy aftermarket plates, absolutely lowest return on your time and dollar.

Send a PM to Dorkburger if I recall correctly he disabled his units by gutting them.

I took a more expensive option and installed Racetech emulators and springs which vastly improved the suspension and simultaneously eliminated the anti-dive.
                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

anti dive plates by nessism, on Flickr
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    LOL...

I don't use a plate. I use the original anti-dive units. They use the factory O-rings. They let the oil move. I just don't use the lines. I plug the holes with $1.00 body plugs from Ace Hardware, and a spritz of silver paint. Done.

Reference posts #4, #7, and #16

Now call me crazy, but I would put that $125 towards all the parts you will need to actually get the bike on the road.
                    After I did that, I might think about fancy do-dads...

Yes,I see it will be $ better spent to fabricate my own plates

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                      Yeah don't buy aftermarket plates, absolutely lowest return on your time and dollar.

Send a PM to Dorkburger if I recall correctly he disabled his units by gutting them.

I took a more expensive option and installed Racetech emulators and springs which vastly improved the suspension and simultaneously eliminated the anti-dive.

I did Race-Tech single-rate fork springs with emulators and Race-Tech teflon bushings before on an 86' VFR750F and it was a huge difference.

Comment

I did Race-Tech single-rate fork springs with emulators and Race-Tech teflon bushings before on an 86' VFR750F and it was a huge difference.
                        The mechanic who looks after the critical maintenance for me says I wouldn't get anything better unless I went with inverted forks. He's got impressive credentials so I accept his judgment.
                        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Ed/Nessism,Did you cut that channel in the plates you fabricated to the width/size of the ports that match the original holes in the anti-dive units ?
                          How deep are they ?

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                            The mechanic who looks after the critical maintenance for me says I wouldn't get anything better unless I went with inverted forks. He's got impressive credentials so I accept his judgment.
                            There is nothing magic about inverted forks and large diameter conventional forks with a brace are often significantly more rigid than inverted forks. The magic is in the cartridge damping system, which is a huge improvement over the original damper rods. There are people that will retrofit cartridge damping into your OEM forks or you can upgrade to more modern forks that have cartridge damping if you really want to get there with your suspension performance.

FWIW, I went with straight rate Sonic springs and cartridge emulators on my 1100E. It offers about 80-85% of the performance of cartridge damping while maintaining the OEM look and components.

Mark
                            1982 GS1100E
                            1998 ZX-6R
                            2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                              I made my own. Aluminum plate stock, a drill press, hack saw, and grinder. Key step is to grind a groove connecting the ports so fluid can easily flow between the two fork ports.
                              Double thumbs up. That is what I did. Almost zero cost. Race-tech also recommends removal of anti-dive unit.
                              1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Ed/Nessism,Did you cut that channel in the plates you fabricated to the width/size of the ports that match the original holes in the anti-dive units ?
                                How deep are they ?
                                Not Ed, but Chris. I cut the channel in the fork leg with a 1/4 oval carbide burr, about 5 mm deep if I am remembering correctly. The plates are just 1/4 thick flat with gasket paper . You are just connecting the two holes together
                                1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Working...
                                X