Gs 1100 e front axle holders tourque?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1100 e front axle holders tourque?

Hi changing front tire on my 83 gs 1100 e. And cant find the tourque spec for the 4 nuts on the axle holders. I have a service manual and it only says the spec for the axle and pinch bolt for other 1100s. Thanks for any help

now there's a textbook example where overtightening (an all-too common affliction!) could really get you in trouble.

sorry, don't have torque spec ... (snug, with an extra quater turn only!)
    1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Thats good advice i have been know to break stuff lol. Do you use any blue locktight ?

Comment

lil' anti-sieze myself ... ( blue loctite or grease, why not? ) ... I'm easy.
        1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Did you look in the back for an '82-'83 supplement to the shop man? Since not all that much was changed, Suzuki published the same shop man in '82 as they had for '81 and just put a special chapter in the back for the '82.

There's also a chart in one of my manuals (my other's a Haynes) that has every fastener listed along with it's acceptable torque ranges, without noting what systems or parts of the bike it's used on. If you can tell me the bolt size, thread and any other pertinent info I might be able to find numbers for you.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGS1100e View Post
            Hi changing front tire on my 83 gs 1100 e. And cant find the tourque spec for the 4 nuts on the axle holders. I have a service manual and it only says the spec for the axle and pinch bolt for other 1100s. Thanks for any help
            According to my manual 11.0-18.0 ft-lb. As noted by Rob S., the 82-83 info is in a supplement at the back of the basic 81 manual.

Mark
            1982 GS1100E
            1998 ZX-6R
            2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Dont kno what year manual i have , i downloaded it. It does have a 83 1100 e section in the back of the book, but no torque chart. I torqued the axle holders to the 11 to 18 ft lbs. My book said 29 to 39 ft lbs for front axle on other 1100 models with pinch bolt. Would it still be that range for my 83 1100 e ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MadGS1100e View Post
                Dont kno what year manual i have , i downloaded it. It does have a 83 1100 e section in the back of the book, but no torque chart. I torqued the axle holders to the 11 to 18 ft lbs. My book said 29 to 39 ft lbs for front axle on other 1100 models with pinch bolt. Would it still be that range for my 83 1100 e ? Thanks
                Look at the section for the 82 model, it gives the axle holder torques. What Suzuki did with the addendums was only add on what changed each year. The 83 has the same fork as the 82, so you will find the fork details in the 82 section. It isn't convenient, but that is how they set it up.

Mark
                1982 GS1100E
                1998 ZX-6R
                2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Working...
                X