Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarozzi rearset owners: rubber or knurled metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarozzi rearset owners: rubber or knurled metal?

I'm looking into adding some reasrsets to my bike, exploring the different options. The tarozzi ones look like a very nicely-made package and the feedback from owners seems very positive. I'm curious if anyone can speak to the pros/cons of the two major styles of footpeg (i.e. the bare metal knurled style, vs the ones with the rubber sleeve/coating).

At first blush, I like the visual appeal of the bare metal ones, doubly so since they come with the levers in a bare aluminum finish as well. OVerall gives a sportier aftermarket vibe.

Whereas the rubber covered pegs look a little more stock/OE in appearance, and come with the black levers, which tend to blend into the frame a little more. Not quite the same visual impact, but I wonder if the rubber might be more comfortable?

I figure it might damp out some of the vibration coming up through the pegs, as well as giving better grip/traction (especially when wet, it is rainy around here). Not like im muscling around on the pegs like my dirtbike, but I have visions of wet riding boots slipping and slding on the bare metal pegs.

Last thought, it looks almost as if the actual metal pegs are the same between the two models, it's just the bare metal ones receive knurling, and the rubber ones stay smooth and get the rubber sleeve placed over it? If this is true, any reason I couldn't just buy the knurled metal set for the looks, and buy the rubber sleeve (available from vendor) to put on the footpegs if I end up wanting them?

Any feedback from owners who have used either of them? what are your experiences? thanks!

Appearance wise i prefer the look of the rubber pegs but can't speak to as how they are manufactured. Agree they should provide more grip/control.
    Do make sure you get the folding footpegs. Pretty sure they offer both.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I bought the knurled aluminum ones and didnt care for them. They felt slippery and seemed to have more vibration. I brought the rubber covers separately and they fit over the pegs. I liked them much better with the rubber covers.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Working...
      X