general maintainence questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

general maintainence questions

question 1: suzuki part number 08351-11009. it's a grease fitting inside the clutch pin pusher mechanism. anyone know what size this fitting is? none of the grease guns i have fit the thing. granted i only have guns that will fit on stuff like tractors, cars, lawnmowers, brush hogs, etc.

question 2: on my fuel tank, right side, where the fuel gauge sender is, there's a tube. is that just a vent? is it supposed to be connected to anything or is it open air?
    parts 14 and 18 on https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oem...be2a/fuel-cock

question 3: can put a lithium ion battery on this bike, or should i stick to SLA?
    Last edited by SkyfangR; 07-14-2021, 09:03 PM. Reason: added question 3
    1985 Suzuki GS450L

1: IDK anything about the grease fittings, sorry.

2: Tube connected to the fuel level sending unit is a drain that hopefully will never see a drop of fuel. It’s there in case the gasket ever leaks. It’s typically routed over the carbs then behind the engine case in front of the swingarm to the ground. Your factory service manual or Clymers/Haynes should show how it’s routed.

3: see LAB3's comment below about lithium. They are small and able to be positioned however you want, but they are expensive, may need a special R/R, and don't take kindly to being depleted beyond a certain point. This from the little I've read on them. A sealed lead-acid AGM battery is preferred by most. - What is SLA?
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-15-2021, 09:50 AM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

If you go with a Lithium battery you had best get yourself another regulator/rectifier that can work with the voltages that battery needs to function properly. AGM (Absorbed glass mat) is the best bang for your buck in my opinion.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

[QUOTE= - What is SLA?[/QUOTE

sealed lead acid.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

[QUOTE=Redman;2658844][QUOTE= - What is SLA?[/QUOTE

sealed lead acid.[/QUOTE]

Oh Boy, I even wrote sealed lead-acid in my reply. and then proceeded to ask "what is SLA?" - Blond Moment. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Do those go away when all the hair turns gray?
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
          X