Installation of touchable display control terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation of touchable display control terminal

I want to make a kind of display terminal, but I don't know if GS850G can be applied.

The display terminal can provide speed, power, steering information, and additional information such as RTC clock, heading, ambient temperature, a variety of mileage data, etc. On the user through the touch screen to complete the driving mode and personalized lighting settings, and can automatically turn on the lighting system and other functions.

Let my GS850G have the same sense of technology as Tesla's display terminal.

Ambitious sort of fella, aren't you?

Just make sure it's water(weather)proof and can be used with gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by cheney View Post
      Let my GS850G have the same sense of technology as Tesla's display terminal.
      I've heard about resto-mods, but your GS850 was designed and built a long time before any Tesla.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Shaved off my neck beard about 15 years ago but have considered doing something similar. I'd bet there's some folks playing around with the Arduino project who have solved a few of these riddles. https://www.arduino.cc/ Then there's Raspberry Pi which my be closer to having an actual working system. https://www.raspberrypi.org/
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

cheney, are you just thinking out loud or are you actually going to build this?
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
            Ambitious sort of fella, aren't you?

Just make sure it's water(weather)proof and can be used with gloves.
            Yes, I have seen some waterproof LCD and non-waterproof LCD, I just have to choose the waterproof one, but the price will be a little expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
              Shaved off my neck beard about 15 years ago but have considered doing something similar. I'd bet there's some folks playing around with the Arduino project who have solved a few of these riddles. https://www.arduino.cc/ Then there's Raspberry Pi which my be closer to having an actual working system. https://www.raspberrypi.org/
              The arduino is friendly to amateurs like me, I've fiddled with various microcontrollers and have some familiarity with them all. The Raspberry Pi is a bit more advanced, I've used it and I think maybe I can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                cheney, are you just thinking out loud or are you actually going to build this?
                It's still an idea, but I want to make it happen as much as possible. I have checked a lot of information on this, the hardware implementation should be barely doable, the focus is on how to implement the communication between the display and the car, maybe I have to change the car.

Comment

The arduino is friendly to amateurs like me, I've fiddled with various microcontrollers and have some familiarity with them all. The Raspberry Pi is a bit more advanced, I've used it and I think maybe I can do it.
                  You've got to wonder if hacking one of these could save a guy a lot of time.

Comment

You've got to wonder if hacking one of these could save a guy a lot of time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372318206634
                    This looks very small and easy to use, can I just program it with arduino? It looks like a normal LCD not sure if it is touch screen capable.

Comment

This looks very small and easy to use, can I just program it with arduino? It looks like a normal LCD not sure if it is touch screen capable.
                      I've never played with one of them, my thinking was you've already got digital signals within it to pipe into other circuits.

Comment

I've never played with one of them, my thinking was you've already got digital signals within it to pipe into other circuits.
                        Do you mean it's already programmed?

Comment

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Do you mean it's already programmed?
                            I've never seen a hack with software included by like I said, it's been a long time. My ideas where to start from scratch, lots of coding involved, more than I was willing to do.

Comment

Working...
                            X