Aftermarket Cam Chain Tensioners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Cam Chain Tensioners...

I have installed several manual cam chain tensioners,A lot of different brand machines....Race purposes.. Stock may be the best...Depending...They all leak oil..Or seep at best...Why ??? I won't name the the company...main one for gs's anyway..
    But am I doing something wrong...Or a poor design...Working on solutions now...Any advice is appreciated...Working on ideas......R&D takes time..Might get compensated who knows lol... Thanks..
    Last edited by gs11ezrydr; 07-15-2021, 03:46 AM.
    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Do they have gaskets fitted where it bolts to the block, and any form of seal or O ring on the threaded adjuster? The oil usually seeps along the thread on the adjuster.

You say you wont name the company but in your signature it states you have APE manual tensioner. Have you contacted them to discuss the problem?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I've had an APE on my 1100E for years. No seeping.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I used an APE on my GS1100 for awhile because my stock one was leaking oil. It didnt leak.
        1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Never had a manual tensioner leak weather it being an APE, PMC or my own made items.
          They all use a gasket on the face and an 'O' ring behind the lock nut.
          It's a good idea to put a little lube on the 'O' ring though as there may be a chance of it splitting if dry but i've never had that happen.
          Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
          VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            Do they have gaskets fitted where it bolts to the block, and any form of seal or O ring on the threaded adjuster? The oil usually seeps along the thread on the adjuster.

You say you wont name the company but in your signature it states you have APE manual tensioner. Have you contacted them to discuss the problem?
            Thanks I will contact them..Yes mine on the 1100 seeps a little bit around the O-ring...I'm working on a 85 1150 now that has one on it also...Installed by previous owner..It's wet..I will repl. the gasket,seal it and see if the the O-ring can be replaced also..TY again to all..
            Last edited by gs11ezrydr; 07-18-2021, 05:54 PM.
            sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Working...
            X