Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

converting bike to run off vapors

found this video on youtube awhile back

Improve MPGs using a vapor canister? There are some pretty big claims that fuel efficiency will improve significantly. Let's find out. Hope you enjoy the v...

he runs an engine off nothing but gas fumes.
    doing some cursory googling, it seems that all IC engine ran this way before the carb was invented.
    furthermore, running an engine this way would practically eliminate the need for carbs at all.

anyone ever done something like this with their bike?
    1985 Suzuki GS450L

ICEs still run this way. Carbs are/were just an optimized version of this, and fuel injection is even more optimized. The basic principle stays the same: fuel and air is mixed and ignited at some point.

Trying this just to get rid of your carbs would be a mighty stupid thing to do, but it could be a funny thing to show off at a MC meet. But at your average meet, how many would even spot a missing carb?
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

What would you use instead?
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Love that channel, he can torture the same lawn mower engine 100 different ways and they still keep running!

As to what I just saw, the idea is to create a vapor from a liquid, there's more than one way to skin a cat.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Carb theory and application is as old or older than ice.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
          X