No announcement yet.

Relay for CDI to M Unit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh crap sorry I meant the B/Y wire. I double checked the color wire diagram and just realized I said the wrong color. So it’s basically the 2 yellow that goes into the kill switch, the B/W is the ground and the B/Y is to the black of the ignitor. I would probably need the kill switch huh? This might be a dumb question, but if I have a kill switch also a momentary button, wouldnt it never be on unless I hit the button? Cause the stock handlebar switch is off/on right? I bought a used pick up for cheap that just came home, I’ll install that and let you know how it goes. I’m about done to call it quits with this bike haha. Went from 0 knowledge to pretty close to decent in 2 months. Took apart everything cause I had no choice. Just not the main motors components.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldozaaa View Post
      yeah that was my plan, I still have to configure the m unit. Or would having a separate button as a kill switch be better?
      You need to check the M-unit programming - is it in pushbutton mode or conventional switch mode.
      That's why i advised you to check the control lights on the m-unit so you can verify functionality.
      Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
      VM Carb rebuild tutorial
      Bikecliff's website
      The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Hi, with m-unit it is much simpler and easier to just use 5 momentary push buttons. No relay or kill switch is needed, just hit the start button twice to kill the engine. If you are going to the trouble of changing all the wire and installing a m-unit, it makes no sense to reuse old switches or anything. Remember all inputs are just dry contacts to ground with the exception of ignition which is + 12 v to igniter. I think you might be over thinking this.
        1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
          Hi, with m-unit it is much simpler and easier to just use 5 momentary push buttons. No relay or kill switch is needed, just hit the start button twice to kill the engine. If you are going to the trouble of changing all the wire and installing a m-unit, it makes no sense to reuse old switches or anything.
          I did - just because i wanted to keep the conventional/classic looks ...
          Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
          VM Carb rebuild tutorial
          Bikecliff's website
          The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Working...
          X