No announcement yet.

Weirdest problem I ever experienced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a similar problem today. Bike was running fine, did about 70 miles today and then was idling for 3 minutes and just stopped and would not start again. Checking for spark at plugs it was very weak or non existent. I noticed when it sparked, it was just after I stopped the starter turning so figured the starter was taking all the battery power. Starter was turning fine but battery voltage was low so charged for an hour and it started on the button immediately.
    Because I had been spinning it on the starter a lot trying to start it and to check for spark I cant say what level the battery was when the bike originally stopped so not 100% sure that was the problem.
    I'll put a plug in and see what the spark looks like now and will check the battery voltage a few times. All very weird!

A few days later now and checked the voltages 13.5v for the battery and 14.6v when running/charging and the spark looks fine. Bike runs fine as well so Ill just have to see how it goes
    Last edited by ajh; 08-05-2021, 01:07 PM.

1982 GS550Ez, 1980 Yam RD350LC 4L0, 1980 Yam DT175,
    1977 Yam RD250D(Sold)
    London UK

Comment

On my case after replacing all 4 spark plugs (why not) everything returned to normal.! Also noticed that one carb boot on the cylinder that the plug was ashy white was not tightened enough even With the new clamps that I got. Tightened it down probably there was unwanted air sucked through the small opening thus the lean cylinder.. everything returned to normal. Now waiting for new EBC rear pads and new pins.! If anyone is interested to give some advice I am thinking about installing an oil cooler.! The temperatures here in Greece this summer are surreal 45-48 Celsius and my drive to work has 8(!) traffic lights from home to the office sooo I don’t feel so comfy about the bike on the way there.! I know that you need to install an adapter where the oil sensor is located but I am looking for info on example can any adapter from an 8V Gs fit on my 550E?? What about the oil cooler itself?? If there is any complete kit with everything included so I just button everything up and go will be the best!
      GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

Comment

Working...
      X