GS1100E restomod project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E restomod project

since I have so many questions and a donor bike the project is a go. Going to be a long project as I’m injured and can’t do too much work right now but I’m trying to gather parts and info to make it easy when I’m ready.

I have a 82 GS1100e that has been sitting my garage for around 10 years after
    i got it sorted and running. It still runs but needs a valve cover gasket and needs a down tube on the frame fixed. once that is out of the way I’ll start modifying.

I got a donor 97? bandit 1200 that I will use the suspension and wheels off. plans are full bandit susp swap stock bandit rearsets welded GS frame, possibly use bandit 4-1 or I’ll get a delkevic if it doesn’t work out, them I’m thinking either shorten the seat and tail to make it single seat, up front I want to get a katana front faring and have a hella comet 500 light popping out of it. Something different. going to keep it ratty and used looking because I like that style.

and I have no idea how to upload pictures. I did at one point but can’t figure it out
    Attached Files

Comment

Posting pictures:
      You already have an Imgur account, that's half the battle. Learn how to post better and more pics in the forum. Follow the Imgur thread in my signature, go to post #6.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

thanks trying it right now still can’t figure it out. I only have a iPhone and did the desktop version of imgur. did the share link and also copy and paste.
        Last edited by fvnkybvnch; 07-23-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The share link in not what you want. You need to copy the BBCode from the page that looks like this.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-23-2021, 04:53 PM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            The share link in not what you want. You need to copy the BBCode from the page that looks like this.

Thank you for the help. i didn’t see that page on desktop imgur but I’ll try looking again.

Comment

went to desktop imgur signed in and went to Toolbar on iPhone and requested desktop site and I can’t find that screen anywhere you posted. all I can do is get “share links” and “embed”

I’ll have to do more research. I was able to post pics on here no problem off photobucket way back in the day.

Comment

if this works it’s because I clicked “leave beta” and found the screen you posted. Man what a nightmare.

Comment

Yeah but now you got it.

I just leave the full site/non beta version of Imgur tab open in Safari on my iphone. Getting it to not open the app, when it really wants to take you there is a struggle at first. But now that you’re there, you should be good.
                  Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-23-2021, 06:00 PM.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    Yeah but now you got it.

I just leave the full site/non beta version of Imgur tab open in Safari on my iphone. Getting it to not open the app, when it really wants to take you there is a struggle at first. But now that you’re there, you should be good.
                    Thanks for the help! What fun is a build Thread if you can’t post pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by fvnkybvnch View Post
                      Thanks for the help! What fun is a build Thread if you can’t post pictures!
                      Wish everybody would just take a few minutes to learn how to post pictures and not links or itty bitty thumbnails. It really does make the thread more enjoyable for everyone, and people who can help are more likely to do so when they don’t have to try to figure out what you’re talking about.

Now, about these plans you have for this bike….. not sure you’ll get any love from the purists. I say, it’s your bike, do what you want. Looking forward to see how it comes together.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

if it will freak out the purists even better haha. the bike I’m starting with isn’t perfect and has a dented gas tank and frame damage so I won’t feel bad about ruining it. here’s a cbr900rr that I did some stuff to. would like to do the GS similar style. kinda road racer/mad max/street fighter kinda look.

Comment

got bunch of stuff out of the way to get ready to remove forks. slight rust pitting on tubes but not super bad. have seals and seal driver just need to figure out how many CC’s of oil or MM gap.

Comment

Can someone help me verify fork oil amount for mk1 bandit forks. All I can find is mk2 forks are 509ml.

Comment

And does http://www.parts.suzuki-katana.com/ still sell parts? doesn’t seem to have an email address to ask.

Comment

Working...
                              X