Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

750 into 1100 engine swap is it feasible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 into 1100 engine swap is it feasible?

I've got an '83 GS1100e that started making noise, turned out to be a bad main brng. Engine is down while I try to get a crank or rebuild within my budget. I've found a 750 Katana engine, and was wondering if the mount config might be the same or close enuf for minor fab work to drop in. Anyone attempt this or the other way around??? Or even better, anyone got a spare crank for decent price??? Or 1100e engine??? Gardner Racing is quoting me 1k just for labor so could easily go 2k if they want to replace lots of brings. Hoping to get this back together this summer...any input appreciated!
    '82 & '83 GS1100e

If you mean an aircooled 750 Katana engine, the 7/11 swap is an easy one so going the other way - 11/7 should be too.
    If it's an oil cooled 750 katana - the later one with full bodywork and a GSXR engine, not a common swap. Might be OK.

Comment

yeah, not clear on Katana engine year, GS Resources member offered this up so I think it would be an early Katana not the oil cooled...thanks for the input! From NZ...think I asked you before, but do know a Steve Harris from Aukland??? He'd be in his 70's now, was a buddy of mine when he came to the US for awhile back in the day...
      '82 & '83 GS1100e

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie 52 View Post
        yeah, not clear on Katana engine year, GS Resources member offered this up so I think it would be an early Katana not the oil cooled...thanks for the input! From NZ...think I asked you before, but do know a Steve Harris from Aukland??? He'd be in his 70's now, was a buddy of mine when he came to the US for awhile back in the day...
        Around my age so probably met him if he's been around the bike scene here as long as me.

Comment

If it is an oil cooled Kat engine, check forum member akckhim 28 page thread of oil cooled engine into 82 750 frame.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
          X