Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill dead at age 72

Quote Originally Posted by Carter Turk View Post
    Puta, Chryslers & Birds...words from a great ZZ song in the mid 70's.
    Didn't want to "currently" offend anyone with the title of song.
    https://youtu.be/SHSq2IqPIng

Agree old ZZ & Rush are preferred listening vs. newer stuff.
    Always liked this never played on the radio early song by "off thread" mention of a Canadian band from roughly same time frame as above ZZ song.
    https://youtu.be/AuxfX1Q_GbQ
    You forgot Ace of Spade...
    My Motorcycles:
    21 Triumph Tiger 900 GT (coming to a town near you)
    16 Yamaha FJR1300 (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (parts Bike)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

Quote Originally Posted by LAB3 View Post
    Those where pretty common in the ancient times (before Al Gore invented the internet)

This was a pretty good show, first time seeing AC/DC with the "new" singer.

Attachment 63111
    There was a Kustom re-release or whatever a while back but I don't think they stuck around long. But yeah there were quite a few out there once upon a time.

I'm too young to have been at most of the cool shows.... I would have loved to see Humble Pie, and AC/DC of that period. Sammy and ZZ certainly would have rocked too, I just don't know much besides their couple of hits.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I would have loved to see Humble Pie
    Me too! After posting that I got to thinking, didn't remember them being there! Sure enough, after looking around a bit they didn't show up. AC/DC was unimpressive, to me anyway. When I first saw them a couple of years earlier every song was played about 1/2 way through, then Angus Young would do a five minute solo,then they'd finish the song, same with that show. If it wasn't for "Cheap Sunglasses" being a hit for ZZ Top at the time I doubt they would have headlined. Sammy Hagar rocked, probably half his show was stuff he did with Montrose, he was later sued and had to drop that from his act.
    1983 Naked Goldwing Interstate GL1100 (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

Not ALL conspiracy theories are false. If it's on the radio, TV AND the internet (with pictures) then it's true. If it shows up in print, it always will be. www.birdsarentreal.com

Montrose-"Well I just quit my job making toothpicks outta logs saa"
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

I would have loved to see Humble Pie...
    In the mid '70's a friend tried to get me to go to a Humble Pie show. "There'll be tons of girls there to see the lead guitarist." I opted out.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

There was a Kustom re-release or whatever a while back but I don't think they stuck around long. But yeah there were quite a few out there once upon a time.

I'm too young to have been at most of the cool shows.... I would have loved to see Humble Pie, and AC/DC of that period. Sammy and ZZ certainly would have rocked too, I just don't know much besides their couple of hits.
    I saw Sammy in Ft Worth TX shortly after Montrose broke up, he was the warmup act for Boston. I bought too many tickets for that one, there was one left over. I gave the extra ticket to a girl trying to buy one from a scalper. Those were the days. They threw out dozens of beach balls into the audience while we were waiting. Some AZZhole got a 6 volt lantern battery and that flew across the audience a few times, it always landed with a scream. We were on high alert watching for it. Finally someone who wasn't an idiot got a hold of it and the screams stopped. Big old Mallory copper top square battery, some people. The beach ball thing was cool.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle