Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Derry New Hampshire

Hey guys

I wanted to introduce myself. Everyone calls me Tico. Recently moved to Derry NH. I picked up a 77 GS750 beginning of this summer loved it so much I ended up picking up an 79 GS850. New to the classics. The GS750 is being kept stock and I’m trying to restore the 850.

Not to sure on how to post pictures so here’s a link to them!! Hope to learn from you https://imgur.com/gallery/84nEdMw

Welcome to the forum Tico.

Comment

Welcome Tico, The first real bike I owned was one of those RED "77" GS750's. All great but 2 things that still stands out about them was the "orange" inst. lighting & red LED gear position indicator. It looks great, even the orig. exhaust. Just wondering, how many mi. on it.. Looks like the other one is a "real" project but do'able.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

The 77 has 21000 miles on it. For its age that’s relatively low in my book. She rides amazingly well. I’m more use to the modern day sports bike so it was a welcomed change to be able to sit upright.

Yeah the 850 is more of a passion project. Working on rewiring her and cleaning the carbs

Comment

The PO of the 850 hasn't done as much damage to the frame as it seems initially. A new rear section could see the bodywork put back on, if that's your wish.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Welcome.

I can't possibly imagine what that poor 850 might have done to deserve that.

Comment

Originally posted by TKOFGC View Post
              Hey guys

I wanted to introduce myself. Everyone calls me Tico. Recently moved to Derry NH. I picked up a 77 GS750 beginning of this summer loved it so much I ended up picking up an 79 GS850. New to the classics. The GS750 is being kept stock and I’m trying to restore the 850.

Not to sure on how to post pictures so here’s a link to them!! Hope to learn from you https://imgur.com/gallery/84nEdMw
              Hi Tico, welcome to the forum. It's great you added pics - the 750 looks very nice! The 850 needs some love for sure...
              I live just south of Nashua, and I'm in Derry once or twice a week so maybe we can go for a ride sometime. It's been pretty wet this summer - July for sure! Let's hope August is better.

Keep your calendar open for the Northeast annual rally.
              See the thread under

It's normally a bunch of guys meeting up and camping out. The roads in VT are pretty good for riding - you've probably been there yourself. We're normally in tents but this year we have lean-to's lined up. We slid the outing one week this year to specifically go to the "Rice-O-Rama" motorcycle swap meet the weekend before - maybe you'd like to take that in as well. I'll be there both days selling some stuff for my buddy.

Anyway, welcome and feel free to send a PM or email so we can meet up and go for a ride!

Scott
              Scott
              1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
              1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
              1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
              2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X