No announcement yet.

Well, I bought another 1150.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem: Don't know how I didn't notice but I am missing one pod. I've got an airbox coming for it anyway but unfortunately it doesn't have the aircleaner can. I think I'll mount the airbox anyway and try it with an open filter on the back until I come across an aircleaner assembly. Next step will be to fabricate 4 sidecover tabs and glue or plastic weld them onto the covers. I also ordered a new 630 O-ring chain and front sprocket.
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Small update: Received my new 630 chain and front sprocket, just ordered a new Michelin for the rear, I'll probably change them at the same time. Also waiting for a new diaphraghm for the petcock as I believe it isn't working correctly but want the diaphraghm in hand before pulling apart in case it needs it. Messed around with the plastics a bit but one tab isn't pushing in right (it's been repaired before, I added 4 other tabs and they fit well) so I have to pull both sides off and see if the fairing frame is bent or if the repaired tab is too short. I really want to remove the fairing and convert it but the next step is to prepare the whole works for paint before the weather cools off. I'll have a great bike come springtime. One things for sure, I've never had a bad running 1150 and this one is no exception. I still have to adjust the valves and put in new plugs, check timing etc. but it runs dang hard without making sure everything is right. I figured I better at least pull the plugs to confirm the engine is good and it was a slight relief to see that all looks well.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Big Block; 08-28-2021, 04:28 PM.
      1986 1150EF
      2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Pulled the bodywork today. It is all pretty good. I've replaced a few tabs, didn't find any bad cracks just a few fasteners were missing which was all contributing to rattles which were bothering me. Hopefully next post will be with the new colours.
        Attached Files
        1986 1150EF
        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Well: I've worked all 10 body pieces now. I'm hoping to put some colour on it this weekend. Have everything I need except waiting for a new front tire to come in. I think I have all the E conversion pieces now except for the actual headlight. Apparently that will take some time to find.
          Attached Files
          1986 1150EF
          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

A guy in Tacoma Washington is "parting" not selling an 84 1150 E.

Too lazy to copy & paste, but the post id # for CL ad is 7367563224.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Thanks alot: I emailed him. Dang, it's gone.
              Last edited by Big Block; 09-08-2021, 09:47 PM.
              1986 1150EF
              2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Got a few parts wrapped today. Going for the 85 Canadian brochure look in blue and white.
                Attached Files
                1986 1150EF
                2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

One more, probably boring you guys, sorry I don't have a photo host anymore.
                  Attached Files
                  1986 1150EF
                  2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                    One more, probably boring you guys, sorry I don't have a photo host anymore.
                    Pics are good - some of us can't read.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Not boring.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Keep updating!

We are interested.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Colour change is done. Probably assemble it Tuesday, ordered a few new fasteners from the Zuke dealer an hour away so I'll pick them up Tuesday when I'm over that way. May change the tires, sprockets and chain tomorrow, I'll see how lazy I feel when I wake up. I spent about 30 hours doing the wrap so it's been a busy weekend. I freehanded the stripes and that took quite a bit of time.
                          Attached Files
                          1986 1150EF
                          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Bodywork looks great in the pic.
                            Going with a clear or tinted windshield?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Agreed, looks nice.
                              I find it interesting how the Canadian 1150s have the old school bigger "GS1150" on the side panel vs. The tiny one on US bikes.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My signmaker made those GS1150 decals off a used sidecover I bought off ebay from the states so they probably are 84 style. Windshield is clear but I may buy another one as this one has some crazing. I ended up assembling the bike today and it's an improvement over the way I got it for sure. I still plan on converting to a naked E when I find a headlight though.
                                Attached Files
                                1986 1150EF
                                2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Working...
                                X