1979 550 Cafe Racer Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cranny View Post
    Thanks mate, the buttons are MOTONE 22MM SWITCH 3 BUTTONS and the handlebars are just a set of clip ons.
    Very Nice

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Number plate location

I started with I side mount plate holder but decided to go this way. Now to power up some plate lights, I've got some small led bolt type ones on the way.
      Attached Files

Comment

Rear indicators.

So the tail light in the frame loop is a brake/tail light with integrated indicators, however they aren't very clear. So I decided to add some extras on the rear shocks. These are the same ones I have on the front.
        Attached Files

Comment

Getting close now

Tank and seat primed, ready for some paint...
          Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice!!!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Mufflers????
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                Mufflers????
                I'm not sure as yet mate

Comment

Do they make compact noise reduction mufflers? lol

Seriously...where can you put it without making it look "out of place?"

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

They make inserts, but probably need a longer length of straight. I heard a BSA with them and it really worked well. I would like to put one in my 3" straight turbo exhaust. I just don't like a loud droning noise and feel like a jerk making all kinds of noise. Sort of sums up my life actually.

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

Ed

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                    '79 GS100E
                    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

Ed

Your spot on Ed, having the rearsets has made the exhaust a difficult one to work out.

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                        They make inserts, but probably need a longer length of straight. I heard a BSA with them and it really worked well. I would like to put one in my 3" straight turbo exhaust. I just don't like a loud droning noise and feel like a jerk making all kinds of noise. Sort of sums up my life actually.
                        I could make some baffles to fit it the straght 👍

Comment

A cursory google search surprisingly reveals quite a few options, actually (I won't expect those to be of the same efficiency as a full-size muffler, but at least one isn't a complete a$s).
                          #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                          #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                          #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                          #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Maybe a Dunstall or Emgo Dunstall replica muffler will clear the footrests.
                            I like the classic look of them.

Last edited by Rijko; 09-22-2021, 05:40 AM.
                            Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                            VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                            Bikecliff's website
                            The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

^^that could run parallel to the ground…it’s the clearance I would evaluate next.

Are you going to be leaning in those curves with this bike?

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Rijko View Post
                                Maybe a Dunstall or Emgo Dunstall replica muffler will clear the footrests.
                                I like the classic look of them.

I did have a set of these originally on the bike before rearsets, these pipes look great but I believe only if they angle up at the back. I'm not sure they would look any good running parallel with the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X