GS swapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS swapping

I have a 1977 GS 750 B. Swapped in a 1983 GS 1100 E. Does anyone know where I can get bushings or maching to add the aluminum swingarm from the 83? Also a 630 to 530 chain conversion kit?

Don’t know about the swimgarm

In addition to lots of threads in the archives, there is a current, very active thread on 530 conversion. No kits, figure out what you need and buy a good chain and good sprockets from reputable sources. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ain-conversion
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Z1 Enterprises will sell you a kit of parts to your spec...

There used be someone making top hat bushes but I don't think he does anymore. Should be fairly easy to work out what you need and get a local shop to turn them up for you...
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rowland View Post
        I have a 1977 GS 750 B. Swapped in a 1983 GS 1100 E. Does anyone know where I can get bushings or maching to add the aluminum swingarm from the 83? Also a 630 to 530 chain conversion kit?
        Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        Z1 Enterprises will sell you a kit of parts to your spec...

There used be someone making top hat bushes but I don't think he does anymore. Should be fairly easy to work out what you need and get a local shop to turn them up for you...
        That's the less painful method..... or you can tap/ream the frame boss to take the 16mm bolt. That bolt is longer than the 14mm so it needs a bit cut off and then threading. The 1100E swinger is longer so bear that in mind when calculating chain links...
        For the 530 conversion I went with 49/18 ratio (Z1Enterprises) which with the longer swinger needed 120 links.
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
        X